I got a hellraiser without a FR because i don't want to have to deal with all of the trouble when i change strings. I was wondering if a bigsby would fit and if so, what kind of model would be good.
uhm....
im not an expert so dont tear me apart if im wrong...
also wait for somebody more wise for like abetter opinion
but i wouldnt have thought putting a bigsby on a schechter would be like...
well... natural :S
i doubt it would be an easy process and ive heard bigsby are also complicated to restring but thats just word of mouth.
you could look into the tremolno system?
▲▼▲ Tired of wishing on a falling star, You gotta put your faith in a loud guitar!!▲▼▲
Quote by thready
uhm....
You could look into the TremolNo system?

The guitar doesn't have a trem.

EDIT: This could work?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jul 27, 2010,
honestly, i'm not sure a bigsby on a hellraiser would be the most asthetically pleasing matchup... plus i'm pretty sure you can't use one with a string-thru bridge (don't quote me on this) maybe look into a different tremelo system?
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
A B7 might work. I doubt the B50 will fit because of the carved top on the C1-body.

If you do this you MUST post a YouTube clip of yourself shredding with Bigsby on a Hellraiser. With comments enabled.
I think it wd look pretty cool actually... If possible...
i know it sounds retarded but i think bigsbys are kinda cool. also, the other trem has been discontinued.
btw, i don't really care if have to tune it every day, I just don't want one where you need to take a long time to tune and change strings.
Quote by jpnyc
No. You don’t have a tailpiece to replace.

Oh yeah... string-thru.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Aren't Hellraisers arched topped? You might have to drill some holes into your guitar, but you could definitely put a bigsby on there. Keep in mind it's not for wicked divebombs or anything wild. It's made for slight vibrato. You can very slightly pull up on a Bigsby, and you can somewhat use it like a vintage/Fender style trem, but it'll probably break.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Aren't Hellraisers arched topped? You might have to drill some holes into your guitar, but you could definitely put a bigsby on there. Keep in mind it's not for wicked divebombs or anything wild. It's made for slight vibrato. You can very slightly pull up on a Bigsby, and you can somewhat use it like a vintage/Fender style trem, but it'll probably break.

how many steps could it go down? I go 2 whole steps down at most
my mistake btw up there^
i thought he was looking to replace a floyd with a bigsby...
▲▼▲ Tired of wishing on a falling star, You gotta put your faith in a loud guitar!!▲▼▲
Installing a Bigsby would hugely affect the tone.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Less sustain for one. They're also brighter than your typical fixed bridge.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

i have an idea of the tone you're talking about but i haven't always been right about this stuff so could you tell me if it would be good for leads and solos?
Edit: I play both distorted and clean (Metallica, some JP, some Beatles, etc...)
Last edited by OliOsbourne at Jul 27, 2010,
Depends on what you mean by 'good for solos'. Honestly the Bigsby installation would be way more trouble than it's worth.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I don’t think there’s really much in the way of aftermarket vibrato units for string-thru superstrats. You should really think about returning the guitar and getting something that was built for your style of playing.
You're looking for a lazy way out, when there isn't one.

FR's are not the big deal noobs on UG make them out to be. I can completely restring, all at once (not one string at a time) my FR guitar in 20-30 minutes.

But if you want to completely **** your guitar to high hell and back by installing an aftermarket trem on a string though guitar... be my guest.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You're looking for a lazy way out, when there isn't one.

FR's are not the big deal noobs on UG make them out to be. I can completely restring, all at once (not one string at a time) my FR guitar in 20-30 minutes.

But if you want to completely **** your guitar to high hell and back by installing an aftermarket trem on a string though guitar... be my guest.

+1!
My best time is just under 20 minutes :P
Its really not that hard. I guess the first time break a string its a pain in the ass but when you get how to do it it just becomes second nature. Tuning isn't nearly as hard as everyone makes it out to be either. I can take mine to drop d from standard in 10 minutes tops. a lot of people who btch about FR haven't really taken the time to learn how to use it...
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.