I'm a blues guy but I want to explore and dominate all the techniques mainly used by other styles, in order to have lots of possibilities and resources if I want to play other styles (Fusion for example). The problem is that I don't know where to start, since there are lots of techniques.

Atm, I dominate bendings, legatos (and thse basic techniques), and alternate picking although I'm still a bit slow (I think I dont need to explore Economy picking becase I feel comfortable with Alternate picking and I think that ec picking wont bring me resources impossible to reach with alt picking, am I wrong?).

I want to dominate techniques like tapping, hybrid picking, sweep picking, pinch harmonics, etc.. (I think Im forgetting some of them).

Suggestions and tips are welcome, thanks!
Seems good to me...

EDIT:

-To practice pinches : you're gonna wanna turn the gain on your amp WAY UP.

-For sweeps, I can't really help, everyone seems to learn them differently

-For tapping, start slow, try tapping different arpeggios and chord inversions.

I would start with hybrid picking, I think that would be the most used in blues.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jul 27, 2010,
IMO you should start with hybrid picking as quite a few blues guys use that technique, and it's very useful for doing fast pentatonic licks and things, as well as Giving you a bit more tonal variation
Thanks for the tips, I started now reading some things about hybrid picking. ...Any other techniques I might be forgetting...?