Okay.. well ive been playing guitar for about 6 years and am in a decent cover band but id like to record some stuff by myself..

my knowledge of recording setups is basically nothing.. all i have ever done is acoustic guitar into a horrible 5$ mic and into audacity..

i want something more sophisticated but for cheap... what would you guys recommend?

i am using a line 6 Spider III 75w amp and it has a POD or aux out or w/e ... so i was thinking going straight from the amp to my computer for a cleaner sound that i can manipulate more?? i dont know, i really am a super noob when it comes to these things so any help is appreciated... thanks guys
First of all, how much do you have to spend? And for direct recording, definitely you need an interface.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
i dont know, not much, im an unemployed student.. looking at all my options.. but would like something better than just a 5 dollar mic into audacity... looking at my options
For just guitar, look into a Line 6 Pod Studio GX. They're about $100, include Pod Farm (Basically a Pod in software form) and is pretty solid all around.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
For just guitar, look into a Line 6 Pod Studio GX. They're about $100, include Pod Farm (Basically a Pod in software form) and is pretty solid all around.

yep toneport rules,i have ux1 i thinks and it has plenty of options,u will love it
Okay so with that.. i just go with my guitar directly into the Line 6 Pod Studio GX which is hooked up through USB to my computer?? and than i record into and edit through a software??
Yep - Use Reaper. I have a GX1 - plug your guitar into the Toneport and it hooks up via USB - Run Reaper and you'll be amazed - a whole recording studio at your fingertips!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jul 28, 2010,