hopefully this is the right place to post this, because i'm not sure...

But what kind of lessons are you guys looking for right now? I wrote a very successful lesson that no one else has wrote about on here yet, and I'd like to write more lessons, but I dont want to write a lesson that's been done a bunch of times, or even that's been done before correctly. However, if there is a topic that's been done, and you guys want it done better, more in depth, etc, i'm open to that too

So, any suggestions for lessons I should do?
Quote by Colohue
How about a decent lesson on modal applications.

Have no idea what is it about, but I trust Tom. Definitely should be interesting idea.
duck1992, write the lesson on it please if you could.
Quote by JustLikeMe
Have no idea what is it about, but I trust Tom. Definitely should be interesting idea.
duck1992, write the lesson on it please if you could.

Well thank you, sir.

I should explain. Modes are one of the more complex aspects of musical theory. Most people have absolutely no understanding of them, but falsely believe that they do. A little research goes a long way, but nobody seems to do it when it comes to modes.

Together, I'm sure we can come up with plenty of things worthy of attention or that just haven't been given enough exposure. I'll get on it if you will.
I'll be the first to say this. How about some sweep picking lessons. I know that everyone could use help with sweep picking.
Hey there,

If someone wants to do a piece on modes, it would also help me with amending the modes sticky in MT. I've come to the realisation that a FAQ would be helpful, and probably answer a quarter of the threads in MT.

If a piece could answer these questions simply; (and any other questions/issues you may think of)

Is a mode just the major scale starting on a different note?

I'm in the key of E minor. Can I use modes?

What's a modal song?

When can I use modes?

I thought soloing over each chord independently was using modes?

What do the modes sound like?

etc.

And also a piece addressing the use of chord-scales, and how they relate to modes, particularly in jazz, that would be awesome.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud