Has anybody here bought a manson guitar before? If so what were your experiences? I'm thinking of getting one.
Never heard of them, but they sound kind of murdery...
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Never heard of them, but they sound kind of murdery...

Its like Matt Bellamy's guitar. The Mattocaster.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Just looked them up, and the strat style guitars they have look pretty sweet. I'm not too keen on the Matt Bellamy sig though; it's kinda fugly. But i'm sure if the guys at Manson can put a Kaoss pad into a guitar, then they can do about anything and do a great job.

Edit: And did no one get my joke? ^^ It's kinda dark humor, meh.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jul 27, 2010,
Yeah I was looking at the Bellamy Sig. I'm amazed by the Kaoss. Yeah i agree they must be pretty good but i want to make sure before I buy it
Quote by GibsonMan321

Edit: And did no one get my joke? ^^ It's kinda dark humor, meh.

You mean like charles manson or whatever his name is?
Yes you are a clever boy
A new amp will get you closer to Bellamy's sound than a Manson guitar

Kaoss pad excluded...
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
They look pretty cool, and I'm sure they are fun to dick around with. (The ones with the Kaoss pads) You better be able to sh*t money though. They cost £3399.00 That is around $5,300.00
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Quote by JohnnyRainbow
Yeah i agree they must be pretty good but i want to make sure before I buy it

Do you really need more reassurance than you get knowing that a guy who can have any guitar he wants keeps paying Manson to build him new guitars to use on his multi-platinum albums and in sold-out stadium shows?
Quote by jpnyc
Do you really need more reassurance than you get knowing that a guy who can have any guitar he wants keeps paying Manson to build him new guitars to use on his multi-platinum albums and in sold-out stadium shows?

Well, it suits matt bellamy, doesnt mean itll suit him.

I play an ibanez j custom, why dont I play gibson les pauls because slash (who is massively famous) does?
dude, its like a $5000 guitar, u should be more worried about getting enough money to buy it than the quality of the guitar, because it sure is amazing. Fuzz factory, kaoss pad, sustainer, bareknuckle PUs, and its used by Matt Bellamy, its good man.
Quote by SumFX
You mean like charles manson or whatever his name is?
Yes you are a clever boy

Wow. You fail.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I played one once, and for some reason... the only song it would let me play was 'Helter Skelter'! Plus afterwards, I had a strange compulsion to murder people, take acid, and fingerpaint...
Quote by Kensai
Don't dig up the past, TS. You're not gonna like what you find.
As much as the guitar is sexy, if you have £3,399 to blow, get a guitar custom built so you don't seem like a huge matt bellamy fanboy.

Why do you want the specific guitar?
I have played the guitar at Mansons Guitar show and i tell you now it is one ****ing awesome guitar but no way would i fork out £4000 for it. Just cos its hand made dosnt mean it should cost that much, its ridiculous imo
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
Who is matt bellamy? Excuse me if I sound like a retard I just don't buy guitar mags anymore so I don't know hardly any of the new players...

BTW at first I thought someone was talking about a Marilyn Manson guitar I'm like WTF! When did he get a guitar he don't even play much if at all anymore hahaha
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by rdobson2
Who is matt bellamy? Excuse me if I sound like a retard I just don't buy guitar mags anymore so I don't know hardly any of the new players...

BTW at first I thought someone was talking about a Marilyn Manson guitar I'm like WTF! When did he get a guitar he don't even play much if at all anymore hahaha

Never heard of Muse now did ya? Not really a 'new' band tbh

and if I had 4 grand to spend I'd so get a PRS, AND another PRS.

(yay for second hand? )
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
I want the guitar because it has the Kaoss pad and other effects built in plus im a huge Muse fan. I dont know where to get a custom one built any tips? I know i could get my own Kaoss pad and tick it onto my strap or whatever but this way seems much cooler to me.
You might have a hard time getting the Manson MB-1 - they've sold out of the current run and don't know if they're doing another run. There is a user on MusicRadar called hooglebug who runs AF Guitars and has made a very nice Mattocaster copy. This is a pic of one he made for himself, but is willing to do more (I'm seriously considering one myself):

I'm sure you could get one with a Kaoss pad instead of the fuzz factory though.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Yeha i read that they sold out. I hope they do more. That looks really good. How much are they?
Can't remember off the top of my head - if you're on MusicRadar then drop 'hooglebug' a PM and ask.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
if you look for this guy on youtube, by the name of "JasonyounMUSE" he has a video that explains how he made his own custom replica of Bellamy's guitar.
Its an awesome guitar, DONT get it for the kaoass pad tho. I own one, and I can hardly figure why you would want one in your guitar, its more like a DJ/drummachine tool then anything. Its was a hype of Matt, and he hardly (read: never) uses it anymore live. The endless possibilities it seems to offer are extremely limited, not worth the hassle. The Fuzz factory and sustainer are awesome tho!
I've heard muse on the radio,I just didn't know the guitarist...the guitar looks pretty cool though...
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by JohnnyRainbow
I want the guitar because it has the Kaoss pad and other effects built in plus im a huge Muse fan. I dont know where to get a custom one built any tips? I know i could get my own Kaoss pad and tick it onto my strap or whatever but this way seems much cooler to me.

you do know that the pad itself isn't an effect, it just allows for on the fly editing of parameters in a hands-on way.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
you do know that the pad itself isn't an effect, it just allows for on the fly editing of parameters in a hands-on way.

Yeah i know that. I meant and other effects as in the Fuzz Factory and sustainer. I realise that the Kaoss is just a controller
I want a manson viger... oh my lordy they are sweet.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3