Hey, so I've been playing for almost a year and a half and I know thats not so long but I was wondering if anyone has any good exercises that can help me make fewer mistakes. I can play things at a decent speed but I always slip up on which note to go to or I don't hit the right string, stuff like that.

I know that the best thing is to just play but I thought I'd ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

i have the same problem dude and its damn annoying (been playing same time frame too). Its been improving though. Take a riff you want to learn and play it very slow for literally 2 or 3 days not speeding it up at all. Then try it full speed. Alot of it is muscle memory
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
Exercises won't stop you making mistakes - the only thing that stops you making mistakes is, well, you.

Mistakes happen when you don't concentrate properly or when you try to play things too quickly. Stop doing those things and you'll stop making mistakes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Exercises won't stop you making mistakes - the only thing that stops you making mistakes is, well, you.

Mistakes happen when you don't concentrate properly or when you try to play things too quickly. Stop doing those things and you'll stop making mistakes.

Those things help, but that's not all there is to it. Really the only way to improve your playing is to keep playing, you're exactly right. You're always going to make mistakes. Nobody is a prefect guitarist (except John Petrucci).
Quote by Footallica?
Those things help, but that's not all there is to it. Really the only way to improve your playing is to keep playing, you're exactly right. You're always going to make mistakes. Nobody is a prefect guitarist (except John Petrucci).

Actually Seagull is correct. He needs to slow down his playing to a speed where he can play every single note clearly and correctly with minimal effort. Do it until you are able to play a lick with 100% accuracy at one speed and keep bumping the speed up each time. You do that and your mistakes will be gone and be able to play faster than just a decent speed with perfect execution.
If you're making mistakes, you're practicing badly/incorrectly. Each time you make a mistake, you're placing that wrong way of doing x-technique into your muscle memory.

Slow everything down, yes, to seemingly ridiculously slow speeds, and play it 100% correctly so as to teach your muscles the right way to do it every time. As you increase the speed, your muscles will learn to take over by doing the only thing they know how; the correct movement.
404: Sig not found.
I can play anything perfectly - provided i slow it right down and that i'm familiar enough with what it is I want to play. There might be seconds between some notes whilst i'm figuring out where everything goes but if I concentrate I can play it flawlessly, it just might take 10 minutes to play a 30 second piece - but if that's the speed I need to go at to get it perfect that's where I have to start. Once I know how to play something, then I can start to worry about getting it up to speed.

If you learn something wrong and cut corners in an attempt to get it fast as quickly as possible you'll always play it wrong until you go back to the beginning and practice the mistakes out.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Footallica?
Nobody is a prefect guitarist (except John Petrucci).

Surely you jest...
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Footallica?
Nobody is a prefect guitarist (except John Petrucci).

"This is my live setup. Here we have a custom rack... made by... Mr. Rackman."

"This amp switcher controls the rate of the earth's revolution."