It could be anything

I just started guitar (22) and i have this unsatiable thirst to learn more and more
It's never too late.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by crazywatermelon
so youre premature ?

Why do I find this somewhat funny? Is it because of the icon?
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Mad Marius
It's never too late.

Better late then never.

Dont put yourself on a time limit people. The road to life is long, and was made that way to enjoy many things, late or early.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Mad Marius
It's never too late.

This

Kid's don't learn any faster they just have more time on there hands. I know a guy who mastered cello and started at age 30.
I never understood the deal with age and playing guitar. Shouldn't matter in the long run
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Nelsean
Better late then never.

Dont put yourself on a time limit people. The road to life is long, and was made that way to enjoy many things, late or early.

word up

i find that it's like that with everything else

i dont fully appreciate education until a couple of years ago

you're right...we got the rest of our lives to learn....in my boxing gym there's this 55 year old that started when he was 40 - the guys a beast! I think damn 15 years experience is pretty decent and hes ONLY 55
Quote by NO11YOU
This

Kid's don't learn any faster they just have more time on there hands. I know a guy who mastered cello and started at age 30.

Actually I think younger people learn easier, cause their brains are still developing, so they can learn things more easier. This can thus make them learn faster possibly. Though it is possible you are right, and I'm wrong dude, so dont' take it the wrong way.
Quote by skylerjames13
Actually I think younger people learn easier, cause their brains are still developing, so they can learn things more easier. This can thus make them learn faster possibly. Though it is possible you are right, and I'm wrong dude, so dont' take it the wrong way.

I think it varies with different children. I for instance didn't understand anything about playing an instrument when I was a child. I tried to play bass at around the age of 10 and I just couldn't get it down. Wasn't until about 4 years later that I actually started to learn how to play.

Of course, I also never took lessons, so that may have just been my problem at the time.
Sail upon the open skies
I think learning some things at an earlier age is benefitial ie. foreign languages, reading. Other subjects are better learned at a later age. People always give this mindset that, "hey, if I would have started at 3 I'd be totally awesome by now." Perhaps...but the major trend is they'll be sick of it as they get older and pursue something else they enjoy. So being a late bloomer isn't so bad if you can enjoy it for being what it will be for the vast majority, a hobby.
Quote by angusfan16
I think it varies with different children. I for instance didn't understand anything about playing an instrument when I was a child. I tried to play bass at around the age of 10 and I just couldn't get it down. Wasn't until about 4 years later that I actually started to learn how to play.

Of course, I also never took lessons, so that may have just been my problem at the time.

Actually yeah, that's a huge part of it. Everyone's brains are different, and grow at different rates. I picked up the guitar when I was 13, and I learned it really fast. I'm no pro, but I'm definitely pretty good (not bragging)
It all depends on the person eh.
half way, I had the crotch pubes around 16 but I didn't get armpit hair until 18. Used to be real self conscious about it, never would take a shirt off in public and blamed it on "getting sunburned too easily"
just remember the basics first man, age is nothing as long as you do it right
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Just started a few weeks ago, i'm 16, bought one when i was 14, played for a week and gave up, i just didn't have the patience then.
Early bloomer in both ways. I'm 16 and hairier than most grown men, and I started playing guitar when I was 12.
I came into this thread thinking it would be about puberty.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by skylerjames13

I had to take a lifetime development course for psychology in school (actually each period of life was divided into a separate class), but this is indeed true. The brain doesn't retain information the same way it does after it stops development. We makes me happy 'caus I started at 10.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I started when I was 42, but by playing 4 million notes per second, I broke the space-time barrier and traveled back to when I was 13, disintegrating my aged body and fusing with my younger self.
I didn't start until I was like...16...shit was weak

Oh wait! You mean guitar! Umm...yeah I hit my stride in 8th grade
I started at 12 and learned the basics quickly but without much practice and dedication it didn't mean much in the end. I'm not bad, just not as good as i should be by now. Definitely keep practicing and learning and you'll be fine.
Nope, started at 14.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

i started at 15
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
I started when I was 14 too

I'm a late bloomer for drinking though. I only started a few months ago (I'm 17) and most people around here start in 7th or 8th grade which is ridiculous but whatever.
cat
well i started when i was like 17, then after 4-5 months i went to college, i was doing electrical engineering, thats why it took me a ong time to become okay, i didnt have a lot of free time

i guess when people start at a younger age, they usually have more free time, and less stress, so thats why they can learn faster,

but as some people said, its never too late
il sara7a il sara7a, i made you a goat but i eated it

we are not racist, we hate everyone equally
I was pretty early with a lot of stuff. Fun facts:
I got more sex when I was 15 than I do now.
I read a lot more books when I was 13.
People used to think I was smart when I was younger.