So I have finally decided to buy the ESP LTD H-1001, but I'm not sure if I should get the floyd rose model or the fixed bridge one.

Initially I wanted to buy the fixed bridge version at thomann but they wont have it until october.

So, should I get:
http://www.thomann.de/de/esp_ltd_h_1001qm_nt_stbc.htm

or wait a couple months for:
http://www.thomann.de/de/esp_ltd_h_1001fm_nt_stbc.htm

I have never had guitar with a floyd rose bridge and I don't know any songs which would make use of it, but I do play metal so I am probably gonna use it.

Any comment, suggestion would be much appreciated
if you think you're gonna use it just get
plus you can get it now rather than wait a few months
Ich sprache keine deutsch...

No just kidding I do. But I really don't think it's worth the trouble. How often are REALLY gonna do annoying squeals in your songs? How many songs do you know that use tremolo bars A LOT?
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by realfoxboy
So I have finally decided to buy the ESP LTD H-1001, but I'm not sure if I should get the floyd rose model or the fixed bridge one.

Initially I wanted to buy the fixed bridge version at thomann but they wont have it until october.

So, should I get:
http://www.thomann.de/de/esp_ltd_h_1001qm_nt_stbc.htm

or wait a couple months for:
http://www.thomann.de/de/esp_ltd_h_1001fm_nt_stbc.htm

I have never had guitar with a floyd rose bridge and I don't know any songs which would make use of it, but I do play metal so I am probably gonna use it.

Any comment, suggestion would be much appreciated

I think that's your first mistake. If you're buying it for the novelty of having one you're doing it for the wrong reasons. If on the other hand you want to expand your musical horizons and learn to use one, by all means.

I think getting one just because you play metal is silly. I play metal and it's mostly neoclassical and I hardly need to use anything more then a vintage trem
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Don't spend that much money on a guitar with a Floyd if you've never even used one before. You don't buy racing slick tyres for your car before you've learnt how to drive. Other shops will have the fixed bridge version in stock or if they don't then any ESP dealer will be able to order one in for you.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by diofan88
I think that's your first mistake. If you're buying it for the novelty of having one you're doing it for the wrong reasons. If on the other hand you want to expand your musical horizons and learn to use one, by all means.

I think getting one just because you play metal is silly. I play metal and it's mostly neoclassical and I hardly need to use anything more then a vintage trem

I do want the fixed bridge model, but I don't really want to wait until october.

So should I be a little more patient or just go with the floyd rose?
Dont get the floyd rose, it's really a pain in the ass unless you really make the most of having it... Which most people do in my opinion, but really, its a pain to have.
Quote by mellowyellow729
Dont get the floyd rose, it's really a pain in the ass unless you really make the most of having it... Which most people do in my opinion, but really, its a pain to have.

why exactly?
Quote by realfoxboy
why exactly?

If you've never changed the strings on them it's hell the first few times.

The springs add an entire level of complexity to the system
Drop tuning is almost outta the question unless you want to spend half an hour adjusting spring tension.

there's a few more
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
simply for the reasons of tuning, down tuning, changing strings, sometimes its hard to get it to lock well, i just prefer fixed bridges..
Is there any source where I can look up the pros and cons on having a floyd rose bridge?
Quote by realfoxboy
Is there any source where I can look up the pros and cons on having a floyd rose bridge?

Yep, it's called the searchbar.

Anyway, I'd get the fixed bridge version.

1) You don't sound like you need an FR, considering you don't know anything about them.
2) The H-1000's have the Earvana Compensated Nut, which is the end all of guitar nuts, according to Flibble more or less
3) The same as 1, basically. If you can't think of anything you'd use it for, then you probably don't need it.

Also, they're not at all a pain in the ass, they're just not lazy and stupid people friendly.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X