http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtypSRcwIhA
This is what I'm going for. What I was particularly looking for was a distortion pedal for that kind of sound, within the range of $100 or under.
Sending a dummy to my God.

Well if you truly want to sound like AAR, first you must avoid learning how to truly play your instrument...Second, get your balls cut off, and lastly, try to sound like the rest of the "pop punk" bullshit around. There ya go! Hope this was helpful.
Quote by slobberface
Well if you truly want to sound like AAR, first you must avoid learning how to truly play your instrument...Second, get your balls cut off, and lastly, try to sound like the rest of the "pop punk" bullshit around. There ya go! Hope this was helpful.

This site needs a like button.
I really hate how in these pop punk videos the bass player always strums like he is playing a guitar...

Seriously...they are 2 different instruments..
Quote by slobberface

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Quote by slobberface

Ur s0 br00talz!

TS, apparently Nick Wheeler uses a Big Muff and/or a Lovetone Big Cheese through a Vox AC30.
...why do you want to?

Haha. Seriously though, just trial and error.
Godin LG Signature
Samick UM-3
Ibanez Exotic Wood Series Acoustic- Burled Maple
Ibanez Artcore AWD-82
Ibanez ART-300
G&L Tribute series S-500
Squier Bullet special
Cameo Hollowbody
SX tele with neck p90

Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX
Quote by slobberface

People like you need to shit the frig up, hop off the bandwagon, and pull the ignorant stick out of you ass.

and to answer this guys question. i believe they used dual rectifiers back then, so your not going to get that sound for 100 bucks. maybe $1,200 at least not including the cab.

I think the new AAR music is horrible, but there music before the fame got to em was good.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by slobberface

Hah dude you're tight. Did you register just to say that?
But anyway, I'm using a Peavey Vypyr and a RG-120, and I'm using a DS-1 ( ehh..) and a MXR Classic Overdrive. I'm going to buy a big muff pi with tone wicker soon, and in around a month or so I'm gonna get a MIM Strat, unless there are any better suggestions for this kind of music?
Thanks.

Quote by slobberface

You're a ****ing idiot.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by protest000
Hah dude you're tight. Did you register just to say that?
But anyway, I'm using a Peavey Vypyr and a RG-120, and I'm using a DS-1 ( ehh..) and a MXR Classic Overdrive. I'm going to buy a big muff pi with tone wicker soon, and in around a month or so I'm gonna get a MIM Strat, unless there are any better suggestions for this kind of music?
Thanks.

I don't play AAR, I play mostly Rancid/Anti-Flag, but a strat would be fine.

So long as it's HSS, or you replace the bridge pup with a hotter single coil.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
your not going to get good tone by using an overdrive or a distortion pedal through a modeling amp! use the amps distortion it will be better
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by travs2448
your not going to get good tone by using an overdrive or a distortion pedal through a modeling amp! use the amps distortion it will be better

The Vypyr sounds pretty good with pedals, as opposed to other modelers.