Page 1 of 2
I'm not sure how cool I am with a house that could eat me. I wouldn't mind a treehouse though
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
am i missing something? isn't the tree house susceptible to a lot of things, mostly environmental. also how do you repair it? wait for parts to grow back? how do you properly insulate it? Either i missed something or this is the worst idea ever.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Last edited by Wesseem at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by Wesseem
am i missing something? isn't the tree house susceptible to ****tons of things, mostly environmental. also how do you repair it? wait for shit to grow back? how do you properly insulate it?

Either i missed something or this is the worst idea ever.

Maybe by that time, organic would be the new tech. We'd be all over it to the point that any repairs are repaired instantly like a chea pet. I think this is a brilliant idea, both meat and tree, but it would take years of scientific research, funding, and open mindedness to even follow through with such an idea.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I'd LOVE to live in a tree house. I'd be like an elf!

...as long as i get electricity.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Some issues with this:
-Poorly insulated
-Not very clean
-Susceptible to many different types of bugs/insects
-Natural disasters could easily destroy them
-Difficult to repair
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by archangels
You mean just like normal houses?

All of the other things you mentioned are definitely good points though.

A regular house has a stable foundation made out of brick or concrete. They make homes way more stable than those would. I've seen storms take out trees very easily.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RU Experienced?
That's an interesting idea.

I preferred the Bud light house in that one beer commercial though.

There's bud light in the fridge made of bud light!
What about electricity? What about a drought? What about winter? This seems like an idea that would appeal to hardcore environmentalists, but it would never work.
tolkien came up with the idea of tree houses how many years ago?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by RockGuitar92
Some issues with this:

-Poorly insulated: Do you know that for fact?

-Not very clean: Raised floorboards, use a tree species that sheds little bark.

-Susceptible to many different types of bugs/insects: Insecticide

-Natural disasters could easily destroy them: Just like normal houses? (yea I know it's been said) And you appear to be discounting the roots factor presuming they go deep enough you'd have a HUGE root system underground and a reasonably flexible structure above. I meant his isn't one tree it's a ****ing network of trees.

-Difficult to repair: It's already been said they may develop a way to speed the plants regeneration otherwise patch from the inside it till it grows over.

Oh and as far as electricity is concerned it wouldn't be all THAT hard to wire after the fact.
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Jul 27, 2010,
Quote by DeAd-RiP
-Poorly insulated: Do you know that for fact?

-Not very clean: Raised floorboards, use a tree species that sheds little bark.

-Susceptible to many different types of bugs/insects: Insecticide

-Natural disasters could easily destroy them: Just like normal houses? (yea I know it's been said) And you appear to be discounting the roots factor presuming they go deep enough you'd have a HUGE root system underground and a reasonably flexible structure above. I meant his isn't one tree it's a ****ing network of trees.

-Difficult to repair: It's already been said they may develop a way to speed the plants regeneration otherwise patch from the inside it till it grows over.

Oh and as far as electricity is concerned it wouldn't be all THAT hard to wire after the fact.

Are you Mitchell Joachim?
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
Are you Ted?

No I put minimal thought, general knowledge and common sense together. Plus I'm bored.

Nice edit btw.
I am me. Live with it.
Last edited by DeAd-RiP at Jul 27, 2010,
growing an edible house is most wise.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by DeAd-RiP
No I put minimal thought, general knowledge and common sense together. Plus I'm bored.

Nice edit btw.

Yeah, I went back to find his name. Plus, I just think this tree house thing is a shit idea and it reminds me of something from a third world country. I will find any excuse possible to say the idea sucks.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by RockGuitar92
Yeah, I went back to find his name. Plus, I just think this tree house thing is a shit idea and it reminds me of something from a third world country. I will find any excuse possible to say the idea sucks.

Spoken as a true internet dwelling teenager.
I am me. Live with it.
would you eat your neighbor's house when you are starving and have already eaten your own?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by DeAd-RiP
Spoken as a true internet dwelling teenager.

I'm just trying to be honest. I do it in real life too...haha
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Honestly, I'd LOVE to live in a tree.

I'd rather not live in a steak, though.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
When i read the thread title i thought it was about growing marijuana in your home.
its sad cause i dont smoke.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
this SOUNDS awesome, but is ultimately just hippy bullshit. how do you insulate it? how do you keep out the elements? what happens when it rains? what happens if there's a ****ing FIRE. I was under the impression that forest fires were already a pretty huge concern. I live in Canada, I know for a fact that plants do not particularly like -40 celsius temperatures. they tend to... die, unless they're evergreens. So will we not just have houses in the winter or what?

EDIT: apparently there was a meat one? I stopped watching too early. That's even worse of an idea. Assuming it's dead, it will rot. Assuming it's alive, first of all: ew, secondly, it will eventually die... and rot.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 27, 2010,
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
i dont wanna live in a Meat House, sounds like a gay bar

I don't want to live in a meat house because IT'S MEAT FOR CHRISTS SAKE.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
would you just kind of be living in some weird elaborate tree cage? I'm sure a few people wouldnt mind, but I see too many problems (bugs! living things that like to eat away at trees! and make babies in them!) for the whole idea to really make any $$$ besides from bored rich people.
I feel like it would be difficult, and there's a fair chance that it's impossible, but I still want to see it implemented.
Quote by breadstick
I don't want to live in a meat house because IT'S MEAT FOR CHRISTS SAKE.
This; I'm a vegetarian for the pure fact that meat makes me sick.... I find it disgusting.... there is no way I could possibly live in it....
Quote by herby190
This; I'm a vegetarian for the pure fact that meat makes me sick.... I find it disgusting.... there is no way I could possibly live in it....

You ARE it, you are literally meat dude.
I dont think too many people fancy in living in a meat house anyways

but there apparantly are no real animals used for it, which destroys my first thought of it being some sort of nightmarish b-horror sort of thing, dripping with blood everywhere and such (how could you get to sleep living with pulsating walls/ ceilings/ floors?)
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
You ARE it, you are literally meat dude.

lol. You silly meatbags.

/hk-47
am i the only one to realize that all the flaws you guys are pointing out can also happen in your house now?

new jersey's bored walk is made from a tree in the amazon that is stronger then steel and doesnt have the same flash point as regular wood....

just sayin
Gear:
Ibanez RG1527M Prestige
Martin DX1
Agile-2000
I think I would rather build a house from adobe. I've seen some interesting and attractive homes that are mostly made from adobe that aren't the basic pueblo style.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by dogtags99

new jersey's bored walk is made from a tree in the amazon that is stronger then steel and doesnt have the same flash point as regular wood....

It also isn't alive and susceptible to the unfortunate "mortality" of living things.
Page 1 of 2