I am using MSN for mac, I've been using version 7, 8, and now I'm on 6. My account seems to have a very unique problem that I have been unable to find a solution to on any microsoft forum, or any google search, so now I come to the pit. When I sign onto my msn, I am able to see myself as Online. My friends however, see me as offline. Aside from that obviously strange problem, when I sign on, I will get a "friend request" from every single msn contact that I have, even though I already have them as contacts and I can see them on the screen. I have to click accept for all 300 and something contacts, and if I sign in, I have to do it all over again.

I have tried reinstalling, I have tried using different versions, I have tried another computer, but it's always the same bullshit. I cannot even use my msn at this point because it's so ****ed up. Does anyone have a solution/have this happen to them?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I am using MSN for mac

There's your problem right there

But seriously, that sounds messed up. Did anyone from Microsoft offer help because that's a pretty major problem
I've never heard of anything that bad happening to someone on MSN before
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by BlackLuster

I know, it's a terrible program Microsoft couldn't offer me shit. 4 different people at the office told me to reinstall
No this has happened to me. It just... stopped one day. Comes back every now and then though.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by boreamor
No this has happened to me. It just... stopped one day. Comes back every now and then though.

I should have added this. It just happened suddenly one morning. It's not like it's the program, it's the actual msn address. I made a new one and tried to import my contact list, but none of them got the goddamn email! It's like it's cursed.
Uninstall it. That should fix it. You could always use one of the other Messengers that have MSN capability.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I currently use the beta 8, but have used the latest 7 versions. Every time I use it, and am away form my computer and not using it or when not being active on msn (typing etc in a convo) , the program seems to always have a connection error, and signs out, which is an extreme piss off. Any solutions? Any other user experience this

Mein herz schlagt Schwarz Rot und Gold
Quote by RockGuitar92
Uninstall it. That should fix it. You could always use one of the other Messengers that have MSN capability.

what would some of the other messengers be?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

what would some of the other messengers be?

Adium and Pidgin are cross-platform instant messengers and they can be used on Mac computers. I don't know if they ever developed a Mac version of Trillian.

EDIT:

Meebo is nice too but it's browser-based and not an actual program you download.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Jul 27, 2010,
I'm on Mac and resorted to using meebo.com, which is quite nice as I have my Facebook and MSN contacts in one list.
-

I have used mac for 5 years now exclusively. I used MSN for mac for about 15minutes before googling "MAC MSN PROGRAMS"

I found Adium.

I suggest you check it out too, its awesomely customizable and you can run every single popular chat program on it - at once.
Download Adium, its the best messenger software i have used on mac and pc.
Guitar:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Black Cherry

Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30W

Originally Posted by Lt. Shinysides
I am using MSN for mac

Actually,

mac

And actually, the best way to fix all MSN problems is to uninstall it, re-download it and try again.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
I just downloaded Adium, thank you so much for suggesting it guys, it fixed the problem, and it's 100000000 times better than Messenger:Mac
Quote by RockGuitar92
Adium and Pidgin are cross-platform instant messengers and they can be used on Mac computers. I don't know if they ever developed a Mac version of Trillian.

EDIT:

Meebo is nice too but it's browser-based and not an actual program you download.

This, do it, NOW!

No, but seriously, Adium is great.

EDIT: I was a little late, but told you Adium was the answer.
Last edited by Just_Matt at Jul 27, 2010,
Don't worry it's normal, it happens with alot microsoft programs; they just can't handle the awesomeness of a mac and go crazy
Two things you could try :

1. Get a different IM client that works with the msn protocol (not sure if there are mac version of them, but Pidgin and Empathy are both pretty good, googling will certainly find you more as well).

2. Export your contacts from your current account, create a new account, import contacts.