Page 1 of 2
This isn't about music!

I want to know who influences you in your day to day life, and why.

So here's my list....

Chris McCandless- Because of him I learned not to take material things to seriously, and to search for your own way to be happy.

Steven Hawking- First off as we all know he's ****ing brilliant. But my reason for looking up to him is because of the fact that everything in his life is difficult because of his condition, yet he still does what he loves.

Thomas Edison- He influences me because of the fact that even though there were many times that he 'failed' at doing something he still pushed on, and kept going until he got it right. As he said he didn't fail 2,000 times when making the light bulb, he just found 2,000 ways to not make a light bulb.

So let me hear what you got.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']My enemies.

They inspire me to be better than them.
Hell yeah.
ಠ_ಠ
mum
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Richard Simmons- He influences me to stay in shape at all times and to wear bright colors.

Adolf Hitler- He influences me to follow my dreams; no matter how crazy they are.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I'll be really lame and take this thread seriously. Please castrate me.

David Bowie: intelligence and calculation behind theatrics and provocation.

Arthur Rimbaud: I really use him to sum up poetry---poet as a seer, derangement of senses. Everything is about seeing something in a new way.

can't be bothered to think up anymore right now. Probably cute animals, Iggy Pop, I don't know.
DOWN&OUT
Bill Hicks
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Mitchell Davis- he inspires me to think outside the box and be more creative with his artsy videos and pictures

Vincent Bennet- He shows me that i dont need to drink or do drugs to keep myself happy. No i do not consider myself "straight edge". flame me if you want its my decision wether i do drugs and drink or not.
@HeWent2Jared_
Last edited by !jared! at Jul 27, 2010,
Brian May. Man has a doctorate in astrophysics and was also in Queen; no reason I can't accomplish as much with my life as he has with his.
The lightbulb was around for 30 years before Edison 'invented' it.

Just sayin'.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
The lightbulb was around for 30 years before Edison 'invented' it.

Just sayin'.

Plus Tesla is really the guy behind most of Edison's success.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
GTFO, TS

McCandless was a retard who froze to death because he was a stupid hippie. Edison stole nearly all of his "inventions" from other people. Nikola Tesla would fuck his shit up.

Anyway, my influences...

-The aforementioned Nikola Tesla, for being the most brilliant inventor of all time, a total badass, and absolutely insane.

-The Wright brothers for also being legit inventors and because airplanes are the shit.

-Ernest Hemingway for being an awesome writer and total badass. And having a beard that was epic as shit.

-Ken Griffey Jr. for showing us all two important lessions: No matter how much talent and potential you have, you will always be done in by the whims of the universe and never achieve the lofty expectations placed upon you; and if you stay true to yourself and maintain your integrity, people who cheat will beat you.

-Neil Patrick Harris because he is the best actor of all time.

-Mickey Avalon because he sang the "My Dick" song.
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Jul 27, 2010,
Michael Johnson, great athlete who came back from bad luck at an Olympic games but came back 4 years later stronger and faster.

Isaac Newton - Best mathematician that ever lived?

John Frusciante - Seems really passionate about music and it's value

Jimmy Carr - Funny guy who although seems like a nerd is witty all the time.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by RockGuitar92
Plus Tesla is really the guy behind most of Edison's success.

And Bowie totally played Tesla in the Prestige, so you know....somesortoftransitionphrase

BOWIE
DOWN&OUT
Jubal Harshaw.
The doctor/lawyer/author/artist man from Stranger in a Strange Land.
Drink the sauce. Go on, it's okay. Just remember, I am the quest.

Quote by illuminatiano
YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
Kevin Smith - that no matter how broke/stoned/fat you may be, as long as you can make people laugh there's a place for you in the world and you can get a chick who's out of your league.

Beck - same reason, only replace "make people laugh" with "create great music" and take out the fat part.

CBFed thinking of others.
The Dude-cause he taught me just to relax and just go with it
Jack Sparrow-cause he seems like a nice guy

...Yea thats kinda sad
Bill and Ted. They taught me to be excellent and party on.

Kurt Cobain. Im gonna grow up to be just like him

oh yeah and Jesus
Last edited by nfrench7fold at Jul 27, 2010,
Quote by L2112Lif
Just don't buy shotguns. And watch out for Heroin.

Aww you're no fun man
Quote by RockGuitar92
Richard Simmons- He influences me to stay in shape at all times and to wear bright colors.

Adolf Hitler- He influences me to follow my dreams; no matter how crazy they are.

That's disgusting. How could someone look up to Richard Simmons?
Jason Becker - because he is the single greatest human being alive
Quote by vagelier
Nothing is more arousing for girls than a man who claims that he doesn't have worms - and can prove it with conclusive evidence.

Black
Then
White are
All I see
In my infancy
Red and yellow then came to be
Reaching out to me.
Lets me see.
I seriously have no clue
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by RockGuitar92

That's a really interesting one.

Mine would be Jeff Healey. He was born blind and was one of the best guitarists I've ever heard. He also had cancer since he was one. Died March 2008 If someone tells you that it can't be done. Do it.

Russel Howard. He's just got the perfect outlook on life. He's just got the right idea completely. And he's funny as hell.

Slash (I know, I know). Now, I would LOVE to be in a famous band, who wouldn't? Slash did and he just kept trying and pushing at his goal. But of course he failed. Oh wait, no he didn't, he was a founding member of one of the most successful and best rock n roll bands ever, he's broken several records, is now one of the most recognised and influential guitarists in the world! If he can do it, why can't you?

Don't tell me the skies the limit when they have put a man on the moon.
Bruce Dickinson from Iron Maiden- he's more then just a musician, he's pretty much achieved careers that a lot of different people would have only dreamed of doing. And I'm pretty sure he dropped out of school as well. He's a licensed pilot as well which is pretty cool.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Lyndon B Johnson cause I heard that when when they were flying JFK's body out of Dallas, he got all kinds of drunk, you know.. Cause he was celebratin' being the new president of the United States, and everyone was like.. Hey, where's Lyndy at? And after they looked around for him, they found him in the box they kept JFK in, and he had his pants around his ankles and was just going nuts on the hole in JFK's head. Screaming, "How you like me now, Jack? How you like me now?!?!?"

...Oh, and Mother Theresa.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Claudio Sanchez, Because he proves you can Have badass Hair which most people think is Silly, and still get ultimate Pussy.
Also he's just epic.
The right-wing media and other propaganda outlets.

In all seriousness, Che Guevara, Michael Foot, Mark Steel, Nick Cohen (columnist of the Guardian), Noam Chomsky, Tariq Ali, Caroline Lucas MP, James Marshall Hendrix, and homeless people I've met on the street.
Last edited by Kumanji at Jul 28, 2010,
-Carl Sagan

-Richard Feynman

-Nikola Tesla

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Last edited by Sunshine86 at Jul 28, 2010,

Adolf Hitler- He influences me to follow my dreams; no matter how crazy they are.[/QUOTE]

Boy did I LOL
Quote by Kumanji
and homeless people I've met on the street.

Not the best people to take advice from.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Richard Feynman. He was pretty bad ass:

Quantum electrodynamics. The theory for which Feynman won his Nobel Prize is known for its accurate predictions. This theory was developed in the earlier years during Feynman's work at Cornell. He helped develop a functional integral formulation of quantum mechanics, in which every possible path from one state to the next is considered, the final path being a sum over the possibilities

Feynman has been called the "Great Explainer". He gained a reputation for taking great care when giving explanations to his students and for making it a moral duty to make the topic accessible. His guiding principle was that if a topic could not be explained in a freshman lecture, it was not yet fully understood.

Feynman played an important role on the Presidential Rogers Commission, which investigated the Challenger disaster. Feynman's account reveals a disconnect between NASA's engineers and executives that was far more striking than he expected. His interviews of NASA's high-ranking managers revealed startling misunderstandings of elementary concepts. He concluded that the NASA management's space shuttle reliability estimate was fantastically unrealistic. He warned in his appendix to the commission's report, "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled."

Due to the top secret nature of the work, Los Alamos was isolated. In Feynman's own words, "There wasn't anything to do there". Bored, he indulged his curiosity by learning to pick the combination locks on cabinets and desks used to secure papers. Feynman played many jokes on colleagues. In one case he found the combination to a locked filing cabinet by trying the numbers a physicist would use (it proved to be 27-18-28 after the base of natural logarithms, e = 2.71828...), and found that the three filing cabinets where a colleague kept a set of atomic bomb research notes all had the same combination. He left a series of notes as a prank, which initially spooked his colleague, Frederic de Hoffman, into thinking a spy or saboteur had gained access to atomic bomb secrets.

At Caltech, he used a nude/topless bar as an office away from his usual office, making sketches or writing physics equations on paper placemats. When the county officials tried to close the place, all visitors except Feynman refused to testify in favor of the bar, fearing that their families or patrons would learn about their visits. Only Feynman accepted, and in court, he affirmed that the bar was a public need, stating that craftsmen, technicians, engineers, common workers "and a physics professor" frequented the establishment. While the bar lost the court case, it was allowed to remain open as a similar case was pending appeal.

Those are just a few examples. If that isn't bad ass, I don't know what is.
Page 1 of 2