Page 1 of 3
What do you think of ADHD?
Is it a real mental issue?
or just an excuse for your kids being complete little shits?
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
-Steps into thread
-Worms everywhere
-Leave
-Lurk
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jul 27, 2010,
I have adh- oh look a butterfly
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
It's a myth
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
i also think its bullshit....

iv seen countless mothers trying to control their screaming children, they apoligise and say he cant help it "he has ADHD" ..

nah your kids just a little shit.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
ADHD and ADD can be sovled in one simple step...........

A god damn slap to the face.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by deathdrummer

so true!

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I think there are people who have trouble concentrating and whatnot, but I wouldn't say its an illness, or that it requires medication.

And it is often used is an excuse when someones kid is a little shit.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I think that ADHD is a oh look at that bunny! he looks so oh my god why are these lights so, what is that! is that like ah oooooh this keyboard sounds sooo raaah a fly!
Just because it's disgustingly overdiagnosed doesn't mean it's imaginary.

Yeah, sometimes kids are just stupid, but that's the parents' fault, not theirs. Other times, a kid genuinely can't help it.
as someone who works with children i can say that it's def a real mental issue but that parents do sometime just use it as an excuse.

ive seen some kids that are beyond just being "bad kids" that medication has worked wonders for.

now when it comes to middle school kids that just want an excuse to be lazy that's a whole different thing
Quote by deathdrummer

By dad actually threaten me with that.
I've never been distracted since.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
It absolutely is real, and to say otherwise is absolutely wrong. Sure, it's vastly over-diagnosed, but it's as real as cancer.
So is this thread anything more than trollery? This is as simple as I can make it.

1. ADHD exists.
2. We think it happens because the kids' synapses don't fire as quickly as they should.
3. Treatment is therefore stimulants.
4. People without ADHD, who take ADHD pills, get pretty high. People with ADHD often see improvement.

Overdiagnosed, but real, use the Google.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I'd go google brain scans that show physical evidence of a.d.d.'s existences, but I can't be asked, and don't care if you all non-believers remain ignorant.

And just cuz I have a.d.d. don't mean i dont' get shit done, I release a new song almost everyday. And I was diagnosed by a DOCTOR, none of that self dianosed crap people try to pull all the time.

And i'm not an obnoxious teenager, I'm 20
I think it's real, but like some have said, it's used as an excuse. I think some kids are denied a decent childhood because they are pumped full of drugs just because they are more active than most kids, yet their parents can't handle it.
Quote by stratkat
I'd go google brain scans that show physical evidence of a.d.d.'s existences, but I can't be asked, and don't care if you all non-believers remain ignorant.

And just cuz I have a.d.d. don't mean i dont' get shit done, I release a new song almost everyday. And I was diagnosed by a DOCTOR, none of that self dianosed crap people try to pull all the time.

And i'm not an obnoxious teenager, I'm 20

Adult ADD sucks. Thats why I'm in the Pit all the time.
I used to have ADD, it just seemed to disappear, i could not concentrate on ANYTHING but the meds they give you make you do this stuff in that order just kidding but they did make me feel "lustful" and Good
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
The remedy is good parenting and discipline with clearly defined expectations. That's all. When I was a kid, ADHD was called something else - not listening. Now everybody wants to think of fifty reasons why their child's development, when pertaining to negative aspects of behavior, is in no way their fault. Now we've got pills for ADHD when kids aren't taught to focus and rehab for sex addiction when people can't keep their pants on.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I think in alot of cases it's bullshit, but in some cases it is a real problem. I know a guy who has it, and he's completely scatterbrained. Without his meds he'll be in a store, and he'll go to get something, but end up finding something else instead, and it just goes on and on.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by strat0blaster
The remedy is good parenting and discipline with clearly defined expectations. That's all. When I was a kid, ADHD was called something else - not listening. Now everybody wants to think of fifty reasons why their child's development, when pertaining to negative aspects of behavior, is in no way their fault. Now we've got pills for ADHD when kids aren't taught to focus and rehab for sex addiction when people can't keep their pants on.

Yep, good parenting will cure a physiological problem.

Quote by TEK34
Yep, good parenting will cure a physiological problem.

Lots of learned behaviors or those which are unattended to can become a problem. It's 100% the climate in which a person is raised, and what the expectations are, which dictate what becomes 'acceptable' behaviors, or facets which are diminished and therefor allow other impulses or actions in the brain and/or body to become dominant, which ultimately alters how the brain and/or body functions.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I recently got a late diagnoses of ADD (Doctor approved) and trust me, it sucks. You can't concentrate for shit and there's always something to distract you. Believe what you want, but its real.
Quote by strat0blaster
Lots of learned behaviors or those which are unattended to can become a problem. It's 100% the climate in which a person is raised, and what the expectations are, which dictate what becomes 'acceptable' behaviors, or facets which are diminished and therefor allow other impulses or actions in the brain and/or body to become dominant, which ultimately alters how the brain and/or body functions.

You do realize that modern psychology rejects radical behaviorism....?

Well, I say that, but you obviously don't. It does. Nobody thinks that way anymore.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by strat0blaster

It's obviously not 100% though. Why are seperated twins more likely to both be schizophrenic than 2 people who aren't?
Quote by TEK34
It's obviously not 100% though. Why are seperated twins more likely to both be schizophrenic than 2 people who aren't?

I'll give you that - 100% was a bad over-generalization on my part.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
I think I may have it, but I'm still a bit sceptical.

I mean I show all the symptoms and lately I have been finding it very hard to concentrate, listen in class or complete tasks no matter how hard I try, but I'm still a bit unsure.
AD(H)D is incredibly over-diagnosed because here in the United States, you can't get treatment, or an IEP for mental disabilities without a specific diagnosis. This leads to all kids who would would be helped by Dextroamphetamine being diagnosed with AD(H)D, which leads to the loosening of the standards for what can be called AD(H)D, which leads to people thinking it isn't a real thing.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
It's a pickle jar. But not any pickle jar, a pickle jar with pickles. And a jar. You don't get it. You don't understand the concept of the pickle jar at all. It's over your head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCy8MpT45gk
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
People who use ADHD as an excuse for their kids being little shits are as bad as people using autism as an excuse for being abusive, racist, trolling, spamming douchebags.
Guitars: Sterling/Music Man John Petrucci Signature TRS, Epiphone SG G-310 (red)
Amps: Fender Frontman 15W
Effects: BOSS ME-25 multi-effects

Quote by Basti95
I still don't get it - therefore Kazinsal can only be better than me
If you honestly don't believe that ADHD exists then you should do some legitimate research on it. It's very real.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by L2112Lif
Adult ADD sucks. Thats why I'm in the Pit all the time.

Nice to meet ya brother. I don't mind admitting it, i'm actually pretty proud of it. I attribute my incredible, yes incredible ability in art, music, and chess to ADD.

I don't have the hyperactivity part of it, thank god. Just all the other symptoms, inattention, hyperfocusing, distractability, being compulsive, not finishing stuff, going long periods of being in your own little world, making fun of other people that resulted in about five fights before the age of ten, overly empathic, failing math over and over and over, extreme intuition. Adult ADD is especially tough when you go most of your life undiagnosed, when I was a kid they said I had "selective hearing."

Other notable people with ADD, Mark Twain, Mozart and Thomas Jefferson.

When you think outside the box, are extremely intuitive and can hyperfocus on what interests you for extremely long periods of time, you can rise to the level of genius at some things and well below par in other things that you find absolutely no interest in whatsoever. My best score on a math test was a 70% but the answers I did get right, I figured out my own way which was pretty amazing but usually deemed cheating because I could never explain my work or "original" thought process.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I've heard in America it's diagnosed far more often than it should be, but denying its existence is really a step backwards.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Half this thread is ignorant. Of course it's real! It's just that some people pretend they have it. Luckily I haven't experienced anyone faking ADD/ADHD.
if i had known the symptoms of ADHD i would've made a joke about having ADHD without knowing it myself, but I'm too lazy to check up the details. Now I'll go to another thread
Page 1 of 3