Hello all!

Today I did the unthinkable.....I traded my 2007 Gibson Les Paul Studio for this immaculate 1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard. I really lucked out because I was at guitar center looking around yesterday, and today, while leaving my girlfriends, I opted to go by again, and no less than 45 minutes before me, some guy traded this thing in. As soon as I saw it, I was impressed, I asked to play it, and assumed the price tag would read close to 1800 dollars. Before even looking at the guitar, I examined it and noticed that is was damn near mint....there's some belt rash on the back, but I really think thats to be expected, especially with a 12 year old guitar. I was even MORE amazed to read the price at $1400. When I saw that, thats when I thought about trading in my studio for it....its the first time I have ever thought about trading that guitar.....the more I thought about it, the more I thought it just felt right.

So I took my guitar in to them, and they offered me $600 for it, which I felt was more than fair for GC and paid the rest. So far, I love it, love it, love it.

My Gibson Standard was born on April 21st, 1998, and here she is.

The review: There isn't much to say, its mint. Its smooth, its solid, its HEAVY. This is NOT a sissy's guitar and it weighs a lot. I like it though, its very solid. It sounds better than my studio, but I think my studio was slightly weight relieved. The finish is remarkable, like I said above, slight belt rash, but other than that, there isn't a mark on her. The neck feels great, its very smooth. I did take the original speed knobs off and replace them with tophats. The pickups are all original and very chunky, exactly what you'd expect of a les paul of this caliber.

Overall, I couldn't be happier, the studio will be missed, but this guitar brings on a new era of my guitar work and I am excited to spend more time with her strapped to me.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
B. E. A. Utiful. Happy NGD man, that burst is amazing.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Cool beans. Have to say, I don't like the finish. Cherry bursts just aren't for me. But this isn't about me, now is it? HNGD!
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Hngd!
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
nice!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Very nice guitar. It should last you a lifetime.
BTW All LP's are weight relieved after some time in the 80's.

Happy Playing.
Moving on.....
Son today was the luckiest day of your life, congrats ya lucky SOB!
Starting Weight: 310, 38.8% Body fat (11/2008, pic in profile)
Latest Weigh in 230.2 14.3% Body fat (4/13/2013)

Pro life, pro gun, health nut, Christian and conservative. I make no apologies if what I say pisses anybody off.
i love it! happy new guitar day
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
You got GC to give you $600 for a used LP studio? Damn fine bargaining. HNGD!
they tried to give me $495 for the Studio, and that wasn't going to fly! haha, and yeah, facebook/myspace angles are the way to go! hahaha. Thanks to everyone who has posted!
Guitars
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
om nomnomnomnomnomn daaaaayuuuuummm.

Its sexy.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Nice, did they come stock with grovers then or is that from the previous owner?
i jizzed in my pants!
Quote by Maynard James Keenan

Cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion
Congrats bro....that's one hell of a deal you got....I miss having les paul....
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Quote by im_bored
Nice, did they come stock with grovers then or is that from the previous owner?

Honestly, I have no idea.....as far as I know, its all original, but then again, I am not expert when it comes to Les Pauls, so I couldn't even begin to tell you with any degree of certainty.
Guitars
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203