I'm looking to purchase a new guitar this week and I would like to know which Guitar is better.

I was ready to buy an ESP M-II w/EMG (Bolt-on) but then I found out about the Ibanez RG3550MZ. It cost almost the same and it has a bunch of cool features. The main thing that I like to play is Rock/Metal but I would also like a Guitar that can handle other genres very well. I hope you guys can help me out.

ESP MK-II w/EMGs (Bolt-on)

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_m2.html

Ibanez RG3550MZ

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-RG3550MZ
What amp are you playing through?

With the info given, it seems like the Ibanez would be better for you.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
ESP just because I hate the bridge that comes with Ibanez guitars. Optimally, I'd take the Ibanez with a floyd, but that's me and neither here nor there. As is, I'd take the ESP, which is also a great guitar.

Actually, I miss my ESP now talking about it...

EDIT -

If I were getting the Ibanez, I'd definitely get it in that sick Desert Yellow they offer.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jul 27, 2010,
The Ibanez, man. TBH I've been quite disappointed with ESP standards in the past. But the high-end Ibanez's are amazing.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by Offworld92
What amp are you playing through?

With the info given, it seems like the Ibanez would be better for you.

I use a Raven RG60 amp that I bought from Guitar Center. I know I cold have gotten a better amp but I didn't know much about amps at the time. I will upgrade as soon as I can. It's a descent amp though. :P
You shouldn't be spending so much money on a guitar that nice when you're playing through a Raven. It's just not right. Your guitar will cry.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You shouldn't be spending so much money on a guitar that nice when you're playing through a Raven. It's just not right. Your guitar will cry.

I know, lol

What amp do you recommend?
Quote by sm66612
I know, lol

What amp do you recommend?

With the money you'd spend on either of those guitars, I'd look at a Peavey 6505 ( I think they're calling it that these days), or a Peavey XXX. I personally love Peavey - you get a lot for your money, IMO. You could look into a Bugera and use the extra cash to do something used in the way of a guitar, thought. Maybe try something Hughes and Kettner?

Amps are hard to recommend - it's highly subjective to your ear. Going out and trying a bunch if possible is the way to go.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster

Amps are hard to recommend - it's highly subjective to your ear. Going out and trying a bunch if possible is the way to go.

+1000

between the guitars though,its a very tough decision,I'd just get then ibanez cause I'm adore they're necks and trems + basswood and maple aint a bad combo at all..
The Ibanez is far more versatile and in my opinion more comfortable. Comfort is however up to the player to decide which feels best.
Quote by Jackamedmos
The Ibanez is far more versatile and in my opinion more comfortable. Comfort is however up to the player to decide which feels best.

Thanks for your opinions. I've decided that I will purchase The Ibanez RG3550MZ.
Thanks you guys!

Also, I think I've made the right decision by picking an amp after I buy the Guitar.
Quote by sm66612
Thanks for your opinions. I've decided that I will purchase The Ibanez RG3550MZ.
Thanks you guys!

Also, I think I've made the right decision by picking an amp after I buy the Guitar.

Good choice. Definitely get a good guitar first. You'll keep a great guitar that's perfect for you forever. You just can't get better than it. You can't really say that about amps. There will always be one that offers "more."
i've been looking at the same guitars ... the ibanez may be my christmas present, love it
Quote by elihu4321
i've been looking at the same guitars ... the ibanez may be my christmas present, love it
Nice! Great minds think alike. :P

BTW, I just got an email with a 20% off on any Guitar from musiciansfriend.com.
I get to save some $$$.