I tried the Hot Stack Plus in the bridge and Vintage Hot Stack Plus in the neck. Didn't care for them at all. They barely sounded like single coils. Whereas the original Classic Stack and the new YJM Fury pickups (which are based on the original stack design) sound GREAT, not to mention they cancel hum better than the new Stack Plus designs. :/

I didn't get to try the new Classic Stack Plus, though.

Anyone else?
Quote by jscomposer
I tried the Hot Stack Plus in the bridge and Vintage Hot Stack Plus in the neck. Didn't care for them at all. They barely sounded like single coils. Whereas the original Classic Stack and the new YJM Fury pickups (which are based on the original stack design) sound GREAT, not to mention they cancel hum better than the new Stack Plus designs. :/

I didn't get to try the new Classic Stack Plus, though.

Anyone else?

they aren't singles tho, right? they are stacked, humbuckers.

i've got YJM stacked and Virtual vintage heavy blues series and i love them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^I know all about it. They're SUPPOSED to sound like single coils. That's the whole point.

Basically, I wanna know if anyone's tried the Classic Stack Plus, and what they think.
are they the ones on the jackson dk2? if so, i didn't like them at all.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jscomposer
^I know all about it. They're SUPPOSED to sound like single coils. That's the whole point.

Basically, I wanna know if anyone's tried the Classic Stack Plus, and what they think.

yeah but i thought only if you split them, they'd sound "single coil-y"
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011