Depends how long you practice every day. It could take a day. It could take a year. Who knows? Shouldn't be too long though
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Depends. I practice a lot (3 hours is usual), but my picking is still pretty bad, but i've only been 'practicing' dedicated with a metronome for half a year, half of which was an hour a day. so i'd say if you use a metronome and give it time, you'll be back in no time.
I'm actually in the same position. I finally decided to read something, and I learned that I was anchoring without actually knowing it. (I learned something from reading? Weird.) Anyways, I've been working on getting rid of it the past couple days. I still do it sometimes, but I catch it when it happens. Seems like it'll go away within the week.
Quote by schecter ftw
I practice a good solid 3+ hours a day if that info helps at all..

Not really, it'll take as long as it takes and that's about all there is to it; as long as you're continually working towards your goal it really doesn't matter how long it takes.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.