Hi. I've been thinking about buying this guitar (http://www.long-mcquade.com/products/7106/Guitars/Electric/Gibson/Les_Paul_Studio_-_Alpine_White.htm) and was wondering if the neck would be very thick (Right now I've got a fake Strat, for comparison) and also if you think that these are very good quality wise

So, in short: Is the neck thick, and is it a good value?
Quote by Kensai
Don't dig up the past, TS. You're not gonna like what you find.
I'd say a Studio is a good value, you need to try before you buy because each guitar is different. And The neck will be a bit thicker. (At least in m experience the typical LP neck is thicker than the typical Strat neck)

Oh and good on yeh for the whiteness of it.
Like all gibsons they vary quite a lot, so its worth playing before buying.
Studios are decent, standards are good, PRS is lovely
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
"thick" is rather subjective, I think. Yes, it will be thicker than a strat esque neck, but we can't describe it to you, really. Each guitar has it's own feel, and you can only discover if you like it or not if you play it yourself.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
"thick" is rather subjective, I think. Yes, it will be thicker than a strat esque neck, but we can't describe it to you, really. Each guitar has it's own feel, and you can only discover if you like it or not if you play it yourself.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio.aspx

look under ''product features''
the gibson studios now have thinner necks than they used to, you could say its about as thick as a 50's custom strat neck but a bit narrower oh and the fretboard is flatter than a (fender) strat.

but like with any neck if you play it for long enough you won't even notice its a different neck so don't get too caught up in that kind of stuff
"fake strat" doesn't say anything about the neck to us so it's hard to tell. I've got both real strat and paul studio, and the LP neck is not that much thicker. The thing that is different is the short scale, but you shouldn't have a problem playing it. Always recommended to just try it in the store before you buy.
Fender Stratocaster USA Deluxe 2005
MIJ Fender Contemporary Stratocaster '85-'86 HSS System I DiMarzio SD Bridge
Epiphone 2010 Les Paul Tribute
Ibanez AW30ECE Acoustic
Line 6 IV 75w (lol)
yea the necks on studios are a nice size
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.