Then I realised this was only the speaker, I did not have the GEETARRR

SO I GOT A GEETARRR

But WHATTT STILL NO SOUNDDDD
Oh yeah, I need a head =D

So now that I have a geetar, a head and a cab, I can make THA SOUNDZ
but wait... only 1 head, no stereo? =(
I KNOW, LETS GET ANOTHER HEADDDDDDZOR

So yeah, really now:
I was pleased with my Traynor YCV40wr, but wanted an upgrade, so I bought the mesa 2x12 and the ad30 head, got sweet prices and all, and I have always liked Orange, so why would I say no to a discontinued single channel ?
Then, I went to France; I had been planning this trip for a very long time, and in the end I had saved way too much money, so I thought ''hey man, make yourself a sweet birthday present'' and I bought the Silhouette from a battle of the band that I participated in; they had an HQ in France and were once endorsed by Ernie Ball, but still had this guitar at their place and didn't know what to do with it
I ended up getting it for a ridiculous price, that I wouldn't have paid for an injured used one

Then, I came back and found a great deal on a bassman, and Couldn't pass it up...
All in all, I now have an epic rig =)

and since my computer were always dying on me when I wanted to use it, I got a new one hehehe

I don't have any more dollar left thoug!

I will now review all this stuff
The ABY pedal is great great great, solidly built and all, lot of features, but NO LEDS =( still, it's passive, so it's cool =)
The AD30 is an amazing amp, I use it as my crunch channel, it's always with a nice amount of gain and boosted by my MXR micro-amp. It's amazing ! not very responsive to the EQ and pretty straight-forward of an amp, not many features, but what it does, it does it extremely well
The mesa cab sounds great with vintage 30s, a tad boxy, but I like it
The silhouette has a great tone, an amazing neck like I've never touched one, locking tuners... Best guitar I've ever touched. Plus, it's sexyyyy
Finally, the bassman is also amazing, very very warm, not as bright and sterile as my twin (the twin isn't always sterile, but it can be... the bassman is ALWAYS alive, it's great great greattttt)

oh, and the iMac is also amazing, thank you very much !

ooooh, family pic ?

edit: the bassman is a 1967 blackface, and the keyboard amp under my computers is the one my cat keeps clawing, if you saw that other thread
Last edited by Darkflame at Jul 28, 2010,
That's more like NGS (new gear summer)

But anyway awesome stuff even you forgot to credit for your two amps.
I found the deal on the Orange and I kindly let the Bassman deal go so you can grab it, I made a sacrifice to let you have teh awesome gear, and you don't even thank me!?

EPIC!!! HNGD!

I want your cab (not to say any other piece of the ngd isnt awesome)

Its just.. well, i play br00t4lz.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
Dude, this is worthy of a Best NGD in a while for sure.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
VRRRY NIIIICE!

Happy new pronz day!
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
nice i love summer because i always but lots of new gear
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
it's a 1967 blackface bassman head, with (apparently) a silverface grille

edit: ^dude, say what you want, I bought that Crate because I adored it's clean sounds, it really has a chimey clean, and even though I knew I could get much better for that price, I really wanted the clean tones it had, and I got the halfstack knowing I could use another head with it sometime, and it really is a decent cab, despise the price tag
I have always been in love with this amp. Sadly, it was not reliable and barely works now, very scratchy pots and sudden losses of volume
Last edited by Darkflame at Jul 27, 2010,
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
that last pic makes me want to stab you in the face and rob you.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
^I used to feel like that everytime I saw someone's NGD, don't worry, it'll pass
It took me a lot of guts though to get all this stuff at the same time, I really did hesitate a lot

aight, I'm out to bed, I'll answer to everyone tomorrow morning XD

tomorrow night actually, gotta work tomorrow, I still have to recover from the big hole in mah bank account
Very nice gear man.

HNG...day?...month..year?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Darkflame
it's a 1967 blackface bassman head, with (apparently) a silverface grille

edit: ^dude, say what you want, I bought that Crate because I adored it's clean sounds, it really has a chimey clean, and even though I knew I could get much better for that price, I really wanted the clean tones it had, and I got the halfstack knowing I could use another head with it sometime, and it really is a decent cab, despise the price tag
I have always been in love with this amp. Sadly, it was not reliable and barely works now, very scratchy pots and sudden losses of volume

i was just kidding

it just seems out of place with everything else
post-punksymphonicblackeneddeathcore
Clips of the AD??
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

^I am pretty well covered, actually... There still are some things I'd like to get though, including (thanks to Sguit again) the Stryphon El Capistan, which is one hell of a delay, I'm ordering one as soon as they're coming out lol
Also, I still don't have any hollow/semi hollow guitar, I'm craving a Gretsch G5122 though, I guess I'll get one soonish =)
Besides that, the only amp I'd like to get before I'm fully set forever is a Marshall 6100, because I love these things lol
Maybe also a few more pedals, like a new chorus and a new fuzz...

Don't worry, I'm not done posting ;-)

And mcraddict, I am currently uploading to my profile a bit of music I am currently composing for a friend of mine who asked me to do some music for a modern dance choregraphy, it's the AD30 through the cab, no post production or anything, just the mic on the cab, with the amp not very loud. it still sounds nice =) mic'd with an sm57

edit: it's uploaded, file name = Larissa in my profile clips =)
1st part is the ad30 clean, 2nd is the overdriven ad30, starts around 2:35
it's still a rough draft, but iut should give an idea
Last edited by Darkflame at Jul 28, 2010,
I want to just lay on the floor in your gear room. Understanding you wouldn't let me touch your gear, I would just like to lay on the floor and stare at it.
<<<
Dude that Bassman is clean as hell... I can't believe the condition that thing is in... I want more pics of that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I'll take more pics of the bassman, but I can't believe either the condition it's in haha, it really is mint! only problem i'd say is that the volume pots are scratchy as hell, but for 450 bucks, who am I to complain ? I'll take more pics for ya =)
Also, my gear room is my bedroom, thatsnotmetal, so I actually always do lay in my gear room =) and I play my stuff until I fall asleeeep =D

Ben, I luve ya =p
that is quite a well balanced setup there, you do have a bit of everything. incredibly tasteful.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
^thanks a lot =) I don't really have anything to play metal though, but that's all right, I'm not a big fan of it anyways lol...

I forgot to add that the AD 30 is somewhat modeled after the Vox AC30, so it's pretty much an ac30 with less chime and more dirt; even though I use it for crunch, it has a great clean channel (though it's not as good at the bassman's or the twin's)
I have tried pretty much everything on the ad 30, and I can already say I love every sound coming out of it; the EQ isn't very responsive though

As for the Bassman, I have mostly been using it with the jack into the normal channel; I didn't really like the guitar into the bass instrument channel, and I didn't like the tone I got when I jumped the channels together (connecting input 2 from the bass instrument and 1 from the normal one)
However, they both sound like sex.

And honestly, I've never heard anything like the Orange oversaturated with the microamp in stereo with the bassman and a big muff lol...
Quote by Darkflame
^thanks a lot =) I don't really have anything to play metal though, but that's all right, I'm not a big fan of it anyways lol...

ehh, metal stuff is not that important imo. me and my buddy have 2 amps and 2 cabs(H&K triamp and a orange OR50H, peavey with G12K-85's and a ppc212 with webers) to record metal bands, and i don't need anything else. in fact we usually just use the triamp with the peavey anyway. we have TONS of gear for everything that is NOT metal.

imo, you get a metal setup if you need it, and it's not very useful for anything else outside of metal.

Quote by Darkflame
And honestly, I've never heard anything like the Orange oversaturated with the microamp in stereo with the bassman and a big muff lol...

and that IS what it's about. it's when i started mixing my orange TT with my fender princeton II reverb that i had an epiphany... "mixing amps sounds good!"

eventually i started acquiring amps for this purpose, and when you start getting enough amps certain options become available. like stereo setups and wet/dry setups, complimentary amp tones, different speaker designs/material/sizes.

now i can really expand a setup to include as many as 4 or 5 amps and with various cabinets and effects and put them to good use (not just eye candy) for a huge live sound. it's not just as easy as daisy chaining a bunch of amp inputs together or throwing an A/B/Y box on the board either; i can easily hear when someone just has a multi amp setup on stage or if they really know how to use a multi amp setup to it's full potential.

-ae
Well I actually use my bassman and my AD 30 mostly, but I use them as separate channels (I don't know if I said it already) and they're used as different channels... However, when I want to use distortion, I use them in stereo most of the time because it sounds sooo good lol, unless all I want is some crunch

I haven't tried the bassman and the twin in stereo yet, but I really want to... my guitar shifted 1 octave down through the big muff sounds orgasmic through the twin actually =p

My next amp purchase is gonna be a marshall 6100 when I'll find one, that's for sure lol. I really am craving one of these, even though I love the rig I currently have, the marshall would be an amazing live amp, because I don't always have the possibility to bring everything to gigs; also, I'm always scared of losing something, that would be hell

thats your board?

if i was in your position and i had all those amps available, then my uber setup would include adding a A/B/Y to your setup and going:

guitar -> wah -> OD -> A/B/Y box ->

out A -> big muff 1 -> rest of your board -> bassman daisy chained with the twin

out B -> big muff 2 -> ad30

preferably, i'd like to use some kinda stereo effect (stereo delay or phaser usually) so that 'out A' on the A/B/Y would go to the 2 fender amps in stereo rather than as a daisy chained mono, this takes much more advantage of the stereo field

i'd also set the orange in the middle and the 2 fenders out further left and right. this improves projection and places emphasis on the stereo nature. the different amps and outputs will allow you to control mix with effects as well (this type of setup has completely tamed my HOG and moogerfoogers)

you ever done anything like that with your setup.

-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jul 28, 2010,
^That's a very old picture lol
my pedal rig now looks like that

Planet waves tuner -> digitech Whammy -> Crybaby 535Q -> A/B/Y

A- Mxr GT-OD -> Micro Amp -> Carl Martin Red Repeat -> AD 30

B- NYC Big Muff -> Small Clone -> Mxr 10 band -> Phase 90 -> Carl Martin surf Trem -> Carl Martin Classic Flange -> Boss RC-2 (linked to fs-6) -> Holy Grail + -> Bassman

I'm also more and more thinking of buying the Stryphon El Capistan delay when it comes out (thanks to Sguit again lol)
mmm i want that bassman HNEGD
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
Quote by Darkflame
^That's a very old picture lol
my pedal rig now looks like that

Planet waves tuner -> digitech Whammy -> Crybaby 535Q -> A/B/Y

A- Mxr GT-OD -> Micro Amp -> Carl Martin Red Repeat -> AD 30

B- NYC Big Muff -> Small Clone -> Mxr 10 band -> Phase 90 -> Carl Martin surf Trem -> Carl Martin Classic Flange -> Boss RC-2 (linked to fs-6) -> Holy Grail + -> Bassman

I'm also more and more thinking of buying the Stryphon El Capistan delay when it comes out (thanks to Sguit again lol)

wow, that is a bit better. i'd throw the strymon at the end of the bassman chain and run the left out to the twin and the right out to the bassman. also, throw that whammy in the B chain after the muff. i absolutely fell in love with harmonizers when i had stereo delay and a dry amp. redic, check out my clip of 'lets make it slow' if you wanna hear what i am talking about.

there is of course no need to actually do this, but it is a big ass sound that is at least worth hearing a few times.

-ae
Page 1 of 2