I have Digitech gnx4 multi effects pedal i bought about 4 years ago... I wan't trade it in for a Digitech rp1000, boss gt-10, line 6 m13 or something similiar at Guitar Center, because they give you an extra 10% off if you trade for something new.

Heres the details about the pedal:

-the expression pedal doesn't switch to wah mode when activated.
-some of the small recording and preset buttons don't work.
-the pedal looks slightly used, but not abused.
-it comes with a 2gb cf card to record with.
-it comes with power supply
-i have the user manual and usb cable to connect to the computer.
-i have recording software for mac and pc.

I tried to take as good a care as i could, but this pedal isn't really stage worthy. All of the footswitch buttons are made of plastic and the small preset buttons are cheap.

So how much do you think Guitar Center (or another store, private sales) will give me?
Last edited by Judas89 at Jul 27, 2010,
You'd get $150 for it at GC if you're lucky, maybe $225-$250 with a private sale.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Thats kinda what i expected...

I don't know if I can sale it privately because the broken buttons and non working expression pedal...
Last edited by Judas89 at Jul 28, 2010,
I doubt guitar center will even give you $150, you'll be lucky if you get $100.

I'll put it this way
They offered me $225 for a pretty much mint condition tele, in which I sold later for $375 on cl
They offered me $85 dollars for my AVT in which I sold for $250 on cl
They offered me $275 for my Gibson SG Special in which I sold for $400 on cl

And this is all for gear that was in really good condition
For a pedal that isn't really working, I doubt they will offer you more than $80 for it(if theyd even take it at all), even for an expensive pedal like that
its 4 years old dont plan on getting too much.
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Quote by AcousticMirror
i don't even know if guitar center will take it if its broken.

This. I doubt you'll be able to trade it in if it's not in re-saleable condition. Your best bet is private sale - either eBay or Craigslist. And mmolteratx is pretty good on the price estimate.
Thanks for the replies...

It kinda sucks because I paid around $400 for it new... I took really good care of it, i would put it back in the box and make sure the power supply was unlplugged if i wasn't playing. My friends used to make fun of me because i would always put it ontop of a gigbag onstage so it wouldn't get dirty.

They didn't really make it stage worthy... Guess i could try cl, or local classifieds.

Anyone have suggestions on a new multieffects pedal that can take stage abuse with f***ing up? I kinda like the rp1000, but after this digitech buy, maybe I should try someone else...
Quote by Judas89
Thanks for the replies...

It kinda sucks because I paid around $400 for it new... I took really good care of it, i would put it back in the box and make sure the power supply was unlplugged if i wasn't playing. My friends used to make fun of me because i would always put it ontop of a gigbag onstage so it wouldn't get dirty.

They didn't really make it stage worthy... Guess i could try cl, or local classifieds.

Anyone have suggestions on a new multieffects pedal that can take stage abuse with f***ing up? I kinda like the rp1000, but after this digitech buy, maybe I should try someone else...

I feel you man, it's a complete injustice for someone to take such good care of their gear to be screwed over like this. What were you looking for in a multi-effects unit? Recording and expression pedal? If you don't need these, the TC Electronic Nova System is under 400USD I think, depends, what's your budget?
I really doubt the RP1000 will hold up to gigging. The Pod X3 seems to be popular for the gigs, tho. Or if you really want to spent some cheddar you can get a Digitech rack unit with the optional footswitch; they hold up well enough that Mustaine uses them live.
literally guitar center is the absolute last place you want to sell any piece of gear, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do it on craigslist or ebay. Remember that guitar shops, like pawn shops, buy to resell, so they will not give you even close to whatever the item is worth. All guitar shops are like that, and because guitar center and sam ash are corporate, you can't even barter with them to get a little more, so they will give you the least amount of money of anywhere.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
I feel you man, it's a complete injustice for someone to take such good care of their gear to be screwed over like this. What were you looking for in a multi-effects unit? Recording and expression pedal? If you don't need these, the TC Electronic Nova System is under 400USD I think, depends, what's your budget?

The first thing on my list is TONE. It has to have a good sound... thats why I was kind of leaning to the rp1000, because you can bypass the pedals tone and use your amps (if you have good sounding amp) tone while using the effects on the rp1000.

The second thing is durability. I don't want to spend $400 or so bucks for it to stop working again. I want something thats gonna last through constant stage use and hualing around.

I don't really care if it has a built in recorder. If has some way to connect to the computer and record with Garageband or something, that would be cool. I also like the built in mp3 player on the gnx4, becuase you can play along with songs.

As for the price... I'm gonna try to keep it $500 or under...

The tc nova system looks pretty good... it looks really tough, but I would like an expression pedal for wah and volume control. Other than that, I would probably consider getting it... I'll have to read some reviews on it.
Last edited by Judas89 at Jul 29, 2010,
The local listings of GC say that they sell for about $180, so they would probably offer you $80, possibly $100 in trade.
If money isn't an issue then get a Fractal Audio Axe-Fx. They're godly.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Not much to add, but I feel for you TS
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Yeah you know how gregs always talks about buying used stuff as a Sam Ash Rep for dirt cheap prices? Thats what every retail store does.

If they buy it, they need to know that they can profit enough by selling it for significantly more than they pay you for it in a short amount of time. If they bought it broken, then they would have to pay to transport it to a tech, pay the tech between 50 and 200 dollars to fix it (My DL4 which cost 250 new cost 190 to replace the motherboard.), then use valuable floor space to display it for an indefinite amount of time.

Ghold125 quoted that they sold for 180 used, and from a sheer business standpoint, they have no reason to touch it.

The M13 is an excellent unit for delays, modulations, and filters. If you have a good base tone between your amp and possibly an overdrive pedal or two, thats what I would go with. It's basically the DL4, FM4, MM4, and DM4 put in one box with a looper.
Quote by Judas89
The tc nova system looks pretty good... it looks really tough, but I would like an expression pedal for wah and volume control. Other than that, I would probably consider getting it... I'll have to read some reviews on it.

I think you can plug expression pedals into it. Not sure, but that's something for you to find out.
**** guitar center, they are fascist nazis*

Seriously, your soul is doomed for complete damnation** by buying anything but their strings.

*Guitar Center does not necessarily belong to any fascist government party
**"Damnation" being fellow musicians scolding you for supporting businessmen versus your own kin
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
I took it to a guitar store and 2 pawn shops today. The two pawn shops wouldn't even buy it. They said the had problems selling immaculate pedals to people. I guess people don't buy effects pedals at pawn shops...

The guitar store said they would give me $100 for it!!! I paid almost $50 for the compact flash card alone on it...

I wonder how much it would cost to repair and sell... It only has 2 unusable buttons and the v switch to activate the wah wont work for some reason...

Anyone have any ideas???
Quote by Judas89
I took it to a guitar store and 2 pawn shops today. The two pawn shops wouldn't even buy it. They said the had problems selling immaculate pedals to people. I guess people don't buy effects pedals at pawn shops...

The guitar store said they would give me $100 for it!!! I paid almost $50 for the compact flash card alone on it...

I wonder how much it would cost to repair and sell... It only has 2 unusable buttons and the v switch to activate the wah wont work for some reason...

Anyone have any ideas???

Digital pedals are a motherf*cker to fix, that is if it can be fixed at all. Personally, I would just hand it off for the best offer you can get. if it's $100 at GC, do it. beats having it in your closet, collecting dust, losing what value it has left.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I haven't took it to gc yet... I took it to a local guitar store and they offered $100... I know gc gives you a extra 10-15% off if you trade in for their gear.

I'll probably check that out.
I love Gnx4's. I will buy it for a reasonable price. The GC here in madison, wi has "new ones" for 250 used for 150. They all have broken buttons but its nothing a little glue won't fix if you know how. I have repaired mine several times but now the USB prongs broke and i can't hook it up to my computer. I think the best i can do right now is 175. We can debate shipping costs when you find out how much it will be. seanfuhrman@yahoo.com
Last edited by OmniWarrior at Sep 18, 2010,
Take what you can get. I wouldn't sell it, just because it's kind of ****ed up... After you, some beginner will probably come along and get it, only to discover it doesn't work... It's a moral thing, but money is money, and it is hard to come by these days.

Whatever you choose to do with it, make sure you research what you get next. If you're gigging, you shouldn't be remotely considering anything with plastic pedals. That's just dumb.

My personal favorite multi effects unit is the Boss ME-70. Those things are ridiculously awesome for the price. If you need something that can do more than anybody ever needs, there's the GT series. Though if you go that route, don't settle for anything lower than a GT10, because the older ones have much poorer sound quality than these new ones.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X