Page 1 of 2
im a 14year old who wants to make some cash and is looking for some cool/fun ways to do it i really cant get a job til 15 which is about 10months away so im looking 4 any ideas on how i can make some cash my idea is to build pedals and other gear and sell it any other ideas?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
Epiphone Slash Signature Les Paul
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
TC Electronics Ditto Looper
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Electro-Harmonix Freeze Sound Retainer
deal crack cocain?
You're going to get shitty jobs, unless you want an illegal job.
Quote by Demonikk
+1 on everything phip said

Main Gear
PRS SE Custom
Jay Turser Strat
Classic 30
Effects
Beheringer Distortion pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
DigiTech Bad Monkey
Invest in the gay bar/gourmet steakhouse that I will soon open! It will be called the Meat House.
kill all humans
Quote by Skynyrd890
Inb4blowjobs.

Handjobs?

On a serious note, uh, mow lawns? While it's still summer. Do shit for you parents for cash? Or just wait until you can get a legit job. Kids these days grow up way too fast, enjoy your childhood.
Quote by Skynyrd890
Inb4blowjobs.

thtats not a bad idea
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by guitarguyz61
thtats not a bad idea

You're 14.

I'm telling your Mother!
RIP Tom Searle.
Yeah hate to break it to you but your first job is probably going to suck. There are rare occasions when kids will get a job they really really enjoy (I enjoy mine) but mostly people hate them (all of my friends).
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
this kid has balls, i sure as hell wouldnt walk into the pit and say i was 14.
Quote by Area420
Handjobs?

On a serious note, uh, mow lawns? While it's still summer. Do shit for you parents for cash? Or just wait until you can get a legit job. Kids these days grow up way too fast, enjoy your childhood.

no handjobs that might affect my playing lol and not that i want the job but me + job = shiny new gear
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
i always made good money doing farm work. if you live in the city, i suppose you could do various yardwork
A job isn't necessarily going to mean you have spending money. Once you get money your parents expect you to start paying for a lot of the stuff they'd been paying for.

I've been working as a janitor and dishwasher for four months and i haven't been able to save a cent because something always breaks or something stupid happens and I'm lucky if I break even.I spend all my time at work wishing I was at the beach, playing guitar or hanging out with my friends like I did when I was 14. Live it up while you can kid.

Also don't assume better gear will keep you happy that's an expensive lesson to learn.

\wisdom
UG's Prodigal Son
Quote by lunaticfringe93
A job isn't necessarily going to mean you have spending money. Once you get money your parents expect you to start paying for a lot of the stuff they'd been paying for.

I've been working as a janitor and dishwasher for four months and i haven't been able to save a cent because something always breaks or something stupid happens and I'm lucky if I break even.I spend all my time at work wishing I was at the beach, playing guitar or hanging out with my friends like I did when I was 14. Live it up while you can kid.

Also don't assume better gear will keep you happy that's an expensive lesson to learn.

\wisdom

thats what im trying to do now i mean my parents are gunna make me start paying rent at 18 so i gotta get some cash soon before they start making me pay rent and i mean most of the ideas from here so far have been useless funny and things i already thought of how bought some ideas of places where i could work under the table?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by guitarguyz61
thats what im trying to do now i mean my parents are gunna make me start paying rent at 18 so i gotta get some cash soon before they start making me pay rent and i mean most of the ideas from here so far have been useless funny and things i already thought of how bought some ideas of places where i could work under the table?

then your parents are dicks
Quote by guitarguyz61

You seem pretty switched on for a 14 year old, so fair play.

My bro is 14 and all he cares about is Xbox....

As for jobs, mowing lawns would maybe be your best bet. Maybe make some flyers and post them around the neighbour hood?

"I can offer lawn mowing to a very good standard, all for a very small price. Call (Your name) on 0...."

or something like that?

Quote by Snakeskin

Mine did and it didn't harm me Now I'm at Uni I don't need to pay.
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by guitarguyz61

Under the table... You're gonna have to go to family for that, and that can be dangerous, especially considering that they hold your money over you head at all times, because they cut your paycheck.

Also, you have a Gibson Explorer, where'd you get the money for that?
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by Snakeskin

A-****ING-MEN i dont know if theyre serious but they said pay rent or get an aprtment
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Invest in the gay bar/gourmet steakhouse that I will soon open! It will be called the Meat House.

I'll invest, as long as I get to pick the meat. And no not the steaks
Scale

The
Summit

Originally Posted by Guitarbaddie
Dude, she's like 12, what is wrong with you?

Originally Posted by RockGuitar92
You're the one who came on her face.

Quote by ninjaapirate
Under the table... You're gonna have to go to family for that, and that can be dangerous, especially considering that they hold your money over you head at all times, because they cut your paycheck.

Also, you have a Gibson Explorer, where'd you get the money for that?

2 years of saving from bithday christmas ect. but worth every penny
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by MH400

Mine did and it didn't harm me Now I'm at Uni I don't need to pay.

Unless you have no immediate plans to move out, its a dick move

i mean, if your getting ready to go to college or something then its a dick move

but if you dropped out of highschool, then it would be in perfect reasoning to do that

see what im getting at?
Quote by guitarguyz61
2 years of saving from bithday christmas ect. but worth every penny

Ah I see well that is okay then, if your parents had bought that for you and you had just agreed with the statement that they were assholes or whatever it was, I was about to be very mad at you.

But yeah. I took Taekwondo for 5 years and now I'm a combat instructor, pays well ($11.17/hr USD) and that's all under the table so I don't have to worry about taxes. But yeah, as far as that goes you will have to do some kind of lawnmowing, have a connection like I did, or know someone in your family, other than that just get a work permit and apply literally EVERYWHERE there is an opening, because getting a job is harder than you might think.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by Snakeskin
Unless you have no immediate plans to move out, its a dick move

i mean, if your getting ready to go to college or something then its a dick move

but if you dropped out of highschool, then it would be in perfect reasoning to do that

see what im getting at?

yeah i get you and if they got me that i would kiss the ground they walk on i bought my squire alone too which came with the fender amp they did help me out with the les paul which im still grateful im not saying theyre dicks in general theyre great parents and all thats not how i meant it i mean if they really did it they would be a dick move but i dont think they were serious who knows im just in my first year of high school now anyways so i have nothing to worry abou for now
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by MH400
Mow lawns
Lemonade stand
Chores
Science experiments
Rent boy

There's real money in mowing lawns. I used to make 200 bucks in a school week doing that.

Be ready to work your ass off though, it's gonna cut into the social life a bit. That just means you're doing it right.

Also, do you have any computer-related skills?
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']There's real money in mowing lawns. I used to make 200 bucks in a school week doing that.

Be ready to work your ass off though, it's gonna cut into the social life a bit. That just means you're doing it right.

i already tried mowing lawns didnt work out well most people around my area do theyre own lawns apparently i put flyers in about 100 mailboxes not 1 call back talk about EPIC FAIL
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']There's real money in mowing lawns. I used to make 200 bucks in a school week doing that.

oh yeah i forgot to add yes i do have computer-related skills most kids now live on computers so we know just about everything about them why?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
pay rent? wow...if they're going to make you pay rent, i'd say just move into a friends house.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Quote by guitarguyz61
oh yeah i forgot to add yes i do have computer-related skills most kids now live on computers so we know just about everything about them why?

I also used to fix computers for older people in my town. There wasn't as much money in that, but it came in handy every now and then.

If you're good with photoshop or gimp, you could start your own photo touch-up business. Putting up flyers would probably work well with that, just get some prices for professional photo touch-ups, and make yours as low as you can. Put the price comparisons on the flyer, and you might see some success with that.
Quote by crzysnowborder
pay rent? wow...if they're going to make you pay rent, i'd say just move into a friends house.

i basicly live at my friends house now they live down the street so ill wake up at like 1 call em and say hey man you wanna hang out 2day? and i go down there and hang til like 10 or something or sleep there but i didnt think of actually moving in with a friend? thats actually not a bad idea plus they have a fender starcaster acoustic
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I also used to fix computers for older people in my town. There wasn't as much money in that, but it came in handy every now and then.

If you're good with photoshop or gimp, you could start your own photo touch-up business. Putting up flyers would probably work well with that, just get some prices for professional photo touch-ups, and make yours as low as you can. Put the price comparisons on the flyer, and you might see some success with that.
i didnt think of that ill look into it any other ideas?
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by guitarguyz61
i basicly live at my friends house now they live down the street so ill wake up at like 1 call em and say hey man you wanna hang out 2day? and i go down there and hang til like 10 or something or sleep there but i didnt think of actually moving in with a friend? thats actually not a bad idea plus they have a fender starcaster acoustic

You're not gonna be able to move in with your friend unless it is their house. Not their parents. THEIRS. Which won't happen until a lot later.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
1x18 2x10 cab
It's sad seeing kids this young talk about money. What's even more sad is high school kids having ap classes and full time jobs. Kids shouldn't even have to think about a job until they are 17, and all that money would be play money they could waste on whatever.
Quote by ninjaapirate
You're not gonna be able to move in with your friend unless it is their house. Not their parents. THEIRS. Which won't happen until a lot later.

DAMNIT well i mean i could crash at different friends houses from week to week but seriously lugging all my crap around id rather just pay the rent
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by guitarguyz61
DAMNIT well i mean i could crash at different friends houses from week to week but seriously lugging all my crap around id rather just pay the rent

Even if you offered to pay I doubt your parents or theirs would be cool with it. Unfortunately your parents legally control where you live.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by Area420
It's sad seeing kids this young talk about money. What's even more sad is high school kids having ap classes and full time jobs. Kids shouldn't even have to think about a job until they are 17, and all that money would be play money they could waste on whatever.

i agree about the ap class thing but im looking for a par time job for some money now i wanna get a band together in high school cause i have a shitload of material i wrote and hopefully my music will take me somewhere in life but who knows i mean theres a million people with the same idea
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by ninjaapirate
Even if you offered to pay I doubt your parents or theirs would be cool with it. Unfortunately your parents legally control where you live.

well i think mine wouldnt but some of my friends would if it was lke a week thing but yeah they do control where i live so its either rent or aprtmennt or the going away to college choice
Guitars
Gibson Explorer
Takemine EG523SC
BC Rich Mockingbird ST

Amp
Vox Valvetronix 100watt

Pedals
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by guitarguyz61
well i think mine wouldnt but some of my friends would if it was lke a week thing but yeah they do control where i live so its either rent or aprtmennt or the going away to college choice

Barring becoming a very famous musician you pretty much have to go to college to go anywhere past McDonalds in today's world. Plan on that.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
1x18 2x10 cab
Page 1 of 2