Hey UG,

So im gonna be playing some gigs in the next little while but im a bit down on cash. All I have gear wise is a POD 2.0, a Epi G-400, and a Spider 3 30 watt. My friend says he can supply me with a marshall cab for a while until i get enough money to get a good amp.

so my question is, can i just bypass the Spider and put my pod directly into the cab? or do i have to run it through the garbage amp i have now? and how much will it affect my tone?
uhm i know you cant run the spider through the cab but ive never used a pod before but im gonna think no... but i dont know for sure thats just my guess
You can run the Spider into the cab but there's no way to run the POD straight into the cab. There's really no reason for an external cab. Why not just use headphones with the POD?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
As it is, no. Multi-FX pedals aren't powerful enough to be played through a cab. They are only considered to be preamps. You can however buy a cheap power amp or even one of these pedals to do the job. Run that into the cab and you'll have yourself a decent rig.

Quote by mmolteratx
You can run the Spider into the cab but there's no way to run the POD straight into the cab. There's really no reason for an external cab. Why not just use headphones with the POD?

Did you not read the part where he said he'll be gigging?
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Jul 28, 2010,
Missed it. Then just run the POD through the PA.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
well the spider has a 1/4 headphone jack, so couldnt i just put that into the cab?

MARJOR GIG NOOB
Quote by supersize
well the spider has a 1/4 headphone jack, so couldnt i just put that into the cab?

MARJOR GIG NOOB

Most definitely not.

I think what mmolteratx said is right. You can just run it through the PA at your gigs.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Jul 28, 2010,
ok thanks guys!! i might even get one of those pedals so i can still look badass with the marshall cab. cant play hair metal without looking cool in front of a marshall