Poll: Are you a gutar douchebag?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you a gutar douchebag?
yes. In fact, it's the only reason why I play in the first place
10 3%
I'm a serious player but I am a guitar db sometimes
79 24%
I've done it before but dont plan on doing it again
28 8%
no, but I think I wanna try it in the future
77 23%
never have and never will
136 41%
Voters: 330.
Page 1 of 4
You know, those dudes that take their acoustic guitar to public places (parks, parties, etc) and play soft and simple songs/chord progressions just to get all the girls. Sometimes these guitar douchebags just "practice" guitar to get girls, but sometimes they are skilled players that feel a little horny. These skilled players will stop playing metal, put down their electric, pick up their acoustic, leave their basement and head for the park. After getting girls and getting laid, he will go back to playing what he always plays.

I hate to admit it, but sometimes I'm a guitar db. I love metal but I also love girls, and I know that playing megadeth will not get me a girl as easily as knowing how to play "patience" by GnR. I can't remember the last time I was a guitar db, but I will be this weekend during my beach trip with friends. I will sit on the beach playing my acoustic just to get some girls. It has worked for me in the past and it will work again this weekend.

So pit, are you guys ever guitar douchebags?

EDIT: it seems like a lot of people have missed the point. keep in mind that a guitar douchebag will play in public with the intention of getting some tail. its not just some guy that plays in public.
Last edited by sticksause at Jul 28, 2010,
i walk around with my half stack tied to my back and shred the shit out of my guitar at the mall. i dont rock no acoustic shit my women know that i play loud.
You make it sound like only douches play acoustics.
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

Quote by na10tbolt
I used to play my guitar at lunch nearly every day since I had to bring it for guitar class. I never got laid. Should I try this again?

Yes. Wait til your hair's grey though... Only then will you be able to go back to your highschool and play for pussy.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Manimosity
You make it sound like only douches play acoustics.

I guess. Didn't mean to but you guys should get the idea
OP + TS's user title....

I don't know why this tickles me so.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Personally, I set up shop downtown with a Peavey XXX fullstack and serenade everyone with metal.

I get laid a lot.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
You're a d-bag.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
All the time. It wasn't to get girls as much as it was as something to do during lunch.
Right Now, you're thinking "Bullshit."
You are right.
I've only ever taken an instrument into a public place in order to panhandle.

all I ever get is food. from hippies. it makes no sense.
All I listen to nowadays is top 40 radio, so that's all I really perform too.

And yes, I do like to use it for the sex advantage.

Sounds like I'm a guitar douchebag.

edit: I sing too though. Does that make me a singer douchebag?
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jul 28, 2010,
There's so many guitar players at my school that being a guitar db doesn't really get you girls.
Only halfway...I don't bring it with me but when I see one I ask them if I can play it. Not only has this gotten me girls, but also new friends.
If someone wants to hear me play, then why not? I'm not carrying my guitar everywhere though. Bedroom guitarists ftl.
There's danger on the edge of town,
Ride the king's highway baby

Last edited by Manimosity at Jul 28, 2010,
Let's get real here, who can honestly say they have never used guitar to pull tail? It doesn't have to be the whole acoustic serenade thing, the speed of the fingers of a metal player can excite a girl as well, and, to be honest, I have used that to my advantage with the ladies. Pull out six string sweeps and very fast movement of your fingers and a suggestive remark and the girl will wonder what else your fingers are capable of, and there you go, you have used guitar to pull tail. Don't get me wrong, I'm completely against only playing guitar in the attempt to get some, but I don't see anything wrong with occasionally using it to get some if you do actually care about and enjoy playing the guitar for the music.
Guitar:
Jackson DX10D Dinky
Ibanez Tone Blaster 150w head
Line Six 4x12 cab
Marshall MG10CD
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell

Bass:
Ibanez ATK
Random ass EQ thing that's not even a real bass amp
1x18 2x10 cab
Quote by sticksause
. These skilled players will stop playing metal, put down their electric, pick up their acoustic, leave their basement and head for the park

and since when has being a metal guitar player been harder than being a skilled singer/songwriter?

creating unique melodies and chord progressions, and having an element of subtlety to your playing are just as difficult as acquiring speed.

not all singer songwriters just play 3 open position chords.
**** the haters. I do that shit just because I love being outside and playing guitar, if the girls want to get to know me better, than so be it.

Its funny how it does become the douchebag effect though, and everyone around you ends up envying the shit out of you because they're jealous.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by cerpintaxt45
and since when has being a metal guitar player been harder than being a skilled singer/songwriter?

creating unique melodies and chord progressions, and having an element of subtlety to your playing are just as difficult as acquiring speed.

not all singer songwriters just play 3 open position chords.

dude, I know that. I just used metal as an example because of how much different and "extreme" it is compared to other genres of music
Quote by sticksause
playing megadeth will not get me a girl as easily as knowing how to play "patience" by GnR.

LIES!
I haven't done what's described in the OP, but I did bring my les paul and double neck to school and covered Stairway To Heaven and Moby Dick with my band for that exact reason, so I guess, yes I have.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I haven't done what's described in the OP, but I did bring my les paul and double neck to school and covered Stairway To Heaven and Moby Dick with my band for that exact reason, so I guess, yes I have.

lol douche.

A kid in my class brings his Ibanez les paul shape and just shows off before school in the hallway. Bugs the shit out of me.

EDIT: You know Shiny, it's no fun trolling you if you don't get angry.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jul 28, 2010,
No. I play acoustic primarily but that is because my acoustic guitar is nicer than my electric. Also I play in public occasionally but not to get girls because I do not like being touched.

Edit: Also I don't know very many popular songs, mostly just obscure ones. That doesn't really get girls.
kill all humans
Quote by Nelsean
**** the haters. I do that shit just because I love being outside and playing guitar, if the girls want to get to know me better, than so be it.

Its funny how it does become the douchebag effect though, and everyone around you ends up envying the shit out of you because they're jealous.

thank youu
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
i dont mind people that can ACTUALLY play do this

its when people that bring their guitar to school that cant play (poseurs) that piss me off

and at my school there is a fuggin sea of em and a bunch of idiot girls that follow them

Quote by Nelsean

This ^

You can put the douchebag effect to almost any pastime/occupation that a woman finds attractive in a man. A guy could be using a pnumatic drill in a street and a woman could find that attractive, does that make him a douchebag? Of course it doesn't.

The thing is, is it just the guitar playing, or are there other factors involved here? If the guy playing in the park was really ugly for instance, would he still pull the girls?
And if not, how much can anyone blame the douchebag effect upon his playing? Fair enough, he may be drawing attention to himself (which is something we all do when ever we wear a loud shirt) by playing a guitar, but it may actualy be his looks or his personality that get him laid rather than his guitar playing.

Quote by MakinLattes
I've only ever taken an instrument into a public place in order to panhandle.

all I ever get is food. from hippies. it makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense, hippies never have any money so they give you food instead because they assume you are starving because you're busking.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by Snakeskin
i dont mind people that can ACTUALLY play do this

its when people that bring their guitar to school that cant play (poseurs) that piss me off

and at my school there is a fuggin sea of em and a bunch of idiot girls that follow them

Why don't you bring yours and show them up?

Or better yet, spread word about your band and get them to show up and be impressed?

As someone said earlier, bedroom guitarists FTL.
I don't think that ever actually works, since everyone in my town knows how to play. They are usually ignored.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by blake1221
Why don't you bring yours and show them up?

Or better yet, spread word about your band and get them to show up and be impressed?

As someone said earlier, bedroom guitarists FTL.

ive tried, its just that these kids always happen to be leaving whenever i walk over to their table or whatever, but I guess i could do this finally,

as for the band thing, its a rather small town with only a few bands wich are a combination of scremo/really bad deathmetal/christian scremo

so as you can imagine, the lack of good musicians to play with is very present here

but i plan on moving to a bigger city so its all good
I take my guitar to parties all the time. Never "uninvited" though; usually somebody asks "can you bring your guitar?" beforehand, so I don't see what's wrong with it

ZEDIT: As for playing guitar to get me laid, no.
I'm quite subtle with my guitar douchebaggery. I don't bring my guitar places, but if I see someone else playing guitar or a guitar on a stand in a public place, I usually ask politely to play. Or this happens:

"Hey Sam, don't you play guitar?"

"Oh, a little bit. Let me see here..."

*pentatonic scale*

"HOLY SHIT DUDE"
Does jamming your band's songs with your other guitarist in GC count as being a douchebag? People seemed to enjoy it.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Does jamming your band's songs with your other guitarist in GC count as being a douchebag? People seemed to enjoy it.

What's GC?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Page 1 of 4