Hey UG,

Ive ben listening to a lot if metal lately....mainly bullet for my valentine, escape the fate etc. and i need a new guitar to thats better suited to metal, i have £500 to spend, and i need some advice on whats best.

At th moment my rig is.... start or slash les paul----->lovepedal amp 50---->ibanez wh-10---->boss ds-2----->big muff----->boss dd-3----->marshall jcm 900 (:

thanks guys
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Look at ESP-LTD and Ibanez oh and Jackson aswell
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special 2
Esp-Ltd Kh-202
Custom '86 Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez JS-100
Peavy Bandit 65
Line 6 Spider iii 30
Zoom G2
In UK look at Cort. They are well made (Cort make many Jackson, Schecter, LTD and some Ibanez models).
I know Tim Ellis has some nice Explorer and V models with Wilko overwound pups which may or may not suit you, but at his prices a swap to Irongear Steamhammers would still leave you well within budget.
Have you decided if you want hardtail or FR?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I'd recommend a BC Rich Virgo, the Celtic edition is rather cheap and VERY versatile! Any type of metal can be played, and in fact, any type of music really!
imo guitars specifically designed for metal are lacking in quality, i'd recommend a les paul with emg pickups
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
dude you dont need to buy a new guitar you can simply change pups on either of your guitars.. I wouldnt do that on slash special

another option is washburn pro 50 fe.. nice guitar!

Gear
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT (7 string bad-ass)
Esp Ltd Deluxe MH-1000 FR
ENGL Screamer 50
Quote by Rangor6363
If you wanna learn how to play something, first you gotta listen it!

Last.fm
If you prefer the Les paul shape and can go a bit over the budget, Then maybe a ESP LTD EC-401. I don't personally like active pickups though.
I'd seriously go jackson. I absolutely love mine (dk2m), although i can never decide whether i want it drop tuned or not lol.

Mine came perfectly set up with brand new strings. However, it is a Floyd Rose bridge, which has both advantages and disadvantages.

Pros-
Much better action
Trem bar goes both ways
locking tuners to help stay in tune
longer string life

cons-
poor setup means it can go out of tune alot
at first it'll take much longer to tune/string change-gets easier after a while