Hey guys, Im using a Marshall G50RCD amp, and a 2000 MIA Strat.

Ive got 3 pedals I use, and I have them set up such as AMP Input>Boss MT-2>Crybaby Wah>Bad Monkey OD> Guitar.

I notice that when I use the MT-2 by itself, without being wired through the crybaby and Bad Monkey, it sounds much better.

My question is that of the FX Send and Return feature on my amp. I get the gist of it, but Im not quite sure on how to work it. From my experience, the wah pedal always seems to get TOOOO loud when I run it through the chain in there. How do I get the best tone out of my setup?

I was thinking of running the distortions/OD through the FX loop, and then having the crybaby in between the amp and guitar.....but I dont know. Any help here?
Guitar>Wah>Amp>Bad Monkey>MT-2>Amp.

The Send on the amp should go into the input of the Bad Monkey, which runs into the MT-2, and then the Out on the MT-2 goes to the Return on the amp.

You can put the OD or the MT-2 first in the FX loop, I just listed what order I would put it in.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Guitar>Wah>Amp>Bad Monkey>MT-2>Amp.

The Send on the amp should go into the input of the Bad Monkey, which runs into the MT-2, and then the Out on the MT-2 goes to the Return on the amp.

You can put the OD or the MT-2 first in the FX loop, I just listed what order I would put it in.

/\ in my opinion that isn't completely wrong, it's just counter-productive, od pedals and the like should never go in the fx loop, whereas delay, reverb etc should, common sense really, in my opinion of course
Sorry I can't give any advices and have just one more question about effect chains:
If I'll use a Noise-Gate, where do I have to plug it in? After the Effects in the Send/Return-Section of the amp? or even at first before my wahwah?
(My setup could be:
Wahwah --> Overdrive --> Amp --> FX-Send --> Tremolo --> Delay --> ?Noise Gate? --> FX-Return --> Amp --> Output)
Most modulation effects work better at the end of the signal chain true. But this need not mean the mod effects need to be in the effects loop to accomplish this, they just need to go at the end of the chain before the amp.
Three things you should consider before putting floor pedals into an effects loop are:

1. What level in & out does the effect pedal expect or tolerate?
2. What level out & in does the effects loop require?
3. Is it a series or parallel effects loop?

I read posts here where people advise putting some effetcs in the loop even though the manufacturer of the effect specifically states not to do it or suffer damage to the device.

IF you place a pedal into a series loop that doesn't have enough output it will actually send a weaker singal back into the amp attentuating the pre-amp signal into the power amp. No damage just a weaker & sometimes noisier result.

There are amps out there that support pedals in the loop, these are generally parallel loops so a sample of the signal from your pre-amp is then sent to the pedal (sometimes adjustable) and then the output of the pedal can be fed back into the main signal and mixed/adjusted.

To me a parallel loop (especially on a tube amp) is a waste of time. If you can only mix in aportion of the effected signal, you're not doing anything different than the pedal does in the first place on its own in front of the amp.
Moving on.....
guitar>wah>OD>distortion, anything with a gain structure goes in front of the amp anything that is time bases should go in the loop, therefore TS you shouldn`t be using the loop with just those pedals
I win!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X