Was in a guitar shop today and say off on a wall was a Rhoads looking V. I went and looked at it and saw it wasn't a real Rhoads Jackson, or any type of high end brand name. Never even heard of the name actually, that's why I forgot it now. I'm trying to remember it though. If anyone could help, for example, if they know of some companies that have made Vs like that it'd help. The shop had it simply labeled as "Rhoads style Flying V". It was black with the gold type stripes, not on the outer part of the body but closer to the middle. Kind of like the ESP Alexi model but I think there were two stripes instead of one thick one. I recall it had some type of tremolo I never saw before, and the part were the bar screwed in was behind the strings instead of to the side. The guitar also had a set neck. That's all I remember. Wow, doesn't seem like anything to really go off of...

TLDR What companies make knock offs of Rhoads style Vs? (Not a Jackson, ESP, etc)
Nah... the paint was like the Alexi but split into two stripes instead of a fat one.

Guitar looked slightly small too, wasn't very big but had the one smaller point like the Rhoads model. Was an unpopular company though, so def not LTD
That doesn't have a trem on it and the points seem too big :/

balls
Last edited by Gary.Blizzard at Jul 28, 2010,
These are all nice but not the one. This thing looked fairly old. The weird tremolo on it was what made it stand out. Wasn't a floyd rose or anything i've seen. Shit, I liked it thought from what I saw. I didn't get to try it though and i'd hate to take the hour walk back just to see it.
you sure it wasn't an old Jackson RR?

EDIT: what was the price of it?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
MIght have been an Edwards? I've seen Rhoads V's with the paintjob you're describing...I thought they were some kind of ESP/LTD/Edwards
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
MIght have been an Edwards? I've seen Rhoads V's with the paintjob you're describing...I thought they were some kind of ESP/LTD/Edwards

that'd probably be the SV line.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Was it a Kramer Vanguard, maybe? Or a Washburn WV?
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Still don't think so.

This wasn't an expensive guitar, the guy had it there for 200usd looked a bit old.
Found the places number and called. He said it was an Arbor. Never heard of it, and can't really find much online... anyone know about it?
Quote by TrueSlawer
http://www.thomann.de/gb/kahler_kerry_king_signature_tremolo.htm

do you mean the trem is like that? with the bar behind the strings.. but as you said it was cheap it probs isnt that exact trem.. as for the brand i dont know..

Yeah it actually looks a bit like that.

I found out the guitar was made by 'Arbor' and I think is supposed to be form the eighties? I can't find anything on it though.
It just really caught my eye. I knew it was some cheap knock off but it had a set neck which I like, I hate bolt ons. It had a tremolo, even if it's one I never saw. It had a decent looking neck radius. And I never heard of it. And I still can't find anything out on it. I have pickups to put in it too if the humbuckers it already has aren't up to par too. I'll try and get back to look at it though. I wanted it mostly for the tremolo, since I no longer have one with one.

Hmmm.
better go and buy it then buddy.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Gary.Blizzard
Well, sorry for the double post but I found one online for sale for $1200. (Listed under cars though?)

http://www.screamindeal.com/detail-1983-arbor-randy_rhoads-locking_tremelo-used-5371603.html

The one I saw was being sold for $200. Same thing except black and gold.

trem looks like a kahler (or knockoff) definitely. pickups looks like SD invaders (or knockoffs)
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
I want it bad, money's tight as hell though. I'll see what I can do.

I sure I hope I can get it.

Also, thanks for the help and interest.
Last edited by Gary.Blizzard at Jul 28, 2010,
I'd kill for that if it had block inlays and an ebony board.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33