hi. i am looking at bying a new Ibanez s570B. just wondering what your thoughts are on this guitar and wether it is a good guitar.
Well, here's a review from UG (don't know how helpfull that is):
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/s570b/index.html

Personally I'm quite fond of Ibanez guitars in this price-range, decent locking trem, very nice neck (wizard II), mahogany body etc. The only thing I usually not like on this kind of Ibanez are the pickups (not familiar with these though) but that's easily fixed by replacing them.

Neck Material: 3pc Maple
Neck Type: Wizard II
Body: Mahogany body
Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Inlay: S24 inlay
Bridge: ZR bridge
NeckPU: INF1
MiddlePU: INFS1
BridgePU: INF2
HW Color: BK
Finishes: RD, WH
Last edited by OXL at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by Jackamedmos
Its only real flaw is the pickups, they could use a replacement.

This.
It's a great guitar; mahogany body, wizard neck, ZR tremolo. If you change the pickups you'll have one helluva guitar
Quote by metalriff735
This.
It's a great guitar; mahogany body, wizard neck, ZR tremolo. If you change the pickups you'll have one helluva guitar

sorted on of these for a mat eof mine the other day, the pickups arent actually bad, they are well suited to metal and really shone through the JVM combo he has, but they just arent that great for cleans, a nice combo to switch out too would be the jazz and jab set with a nice single coil in the middle
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I tried one the otherday and the binding pinstripe was all jagged and uneven. There was barely any paint in the input jacks little cavity and the wood was rough and splintery inside.

There were burrs hangin out of the two screws that bolt down the locking nut etc

other than that the guitar played great to me.

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
I think the thing with a lot of mid-low range ibanezs is that their pickups are meant to be replaced, they supply you with "this'll have to do for now" stock pickups.
I just got an S770pb a few weeks ago. Plays awesome, aside from slight intonation issues and a bunch of fretbuzz I can't get rid of. I'm taking it to get set up soon.

Besides that, everything about the guitar is amazing. I LOVE the trem, stays in PERFECT tune for days and days.

The pickups are actually alright, though I do plan to change them out sometime.

The scale was a bit weird to get used to. I previously had an epi les paul, 24.75 inch scale. The ibanez is 25.5 inch scale, and it has a much wider neck, but a much thinner neck. Personally, I love the neck.
Quote by Ignite
I just got an S770pb a few weeks ago. Plays awesome, aside from slight intonation issues and a bunch of fretbuzz I can't get rid of. I'm taking it to get set up soon.

Besides that, everything about the guitar is amazing. I LOVE the trem, stays in PERFECT tune for days and days.

The pickups are actually alright, though I do plan to change them out sometime.

The scale was a bit weird to get used to. I previously had an epi les paul, 24.75 inch scale. The ibanez is 25.5 inch scale, and it has a much wider neck, but a much thinner neck. Personally, I love the neck.

I'm in love with the S770pb, I very nearly bought one recently, best neck I've ever played, and the best trem I've ever used, and the top/inlays are gorgeous for a guitar at that price range

the whole S series is a good choice TS, especially now with 24 frets, you can play just about anything on them (pickup swap is a good idea though)
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.