Can someone give me a list of all audio interfaces that come with amp simulator software that will work with Cubase and MIDI files (EZDRUMMER).

It must have a guitar input, microphone xlr input and a headphone input and maybe midi in and out. For under £150
Last edited by BKMC at Jul 28, 2010,
do they have to come with amp sim software?

whats wrong with using reaper + free vsts? :p

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Wrong section too, this should be in Recording and Riffs. Anyway, The Line 6 Studio UX1/2/8 work with Cubase and come with Pod Farm. Not the worst sim out there but you'll get better results from free VST's like the 8505 (I believe).

Reaper is a DAW like Cubase. I prefer it over Cubase because the license is $60 as opposed to the pricetag of Cubase which can run into the hundreds iirc. Also it's faster and has a faster/easier workflow. That's all my opinion though.
Last edited by Eryth at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by BKMC
whats that?

reaper is a recording program, but you can use it as an amp sim as well, just arm a track for recording and select the direct playback (make sure in your device the interface is set as both input and output, and connect your speakers to the headphone out of the interface)

vst: just google "guitar vst" and you'll find numerous different amp/effect pedal/cab/... sims

Stop highlighting my signature!!

</td><h1>yay!</h1>
Quote by numinis
do they have to come with amp sim software?

whats wrong with using reaper + free vsts? :p

It doesn't really matter. The UX2 is a great audio interface, and you can still use Reaper and your VSTs. Plus, it has hardware mixing, something most audio interfaces don't have. (being able to play audio from multiple sources)
Quote by Eryth
Wrong section too, this should be in Recording and Riffs. Anyway, The Line 6 Studio UX1/2/8 work with Cubase and come with Pod Farm. Not the worst sim out there but you'll get better results from free VST's like the 8505 (I believe).

Reaper is a DAW like Cubase. I prefer it over Cubase because the license is $60 as opposed to the pricetag of Cubase which can run into the hundreds iirc. Also it's faster and has a faster/easier workflow. That's all my opinion though.

POD Farm sounds ****ing awesome if you get the packs. Alone, it's alright, but I'd still rather use it than 90% of the free amp sims out there.

Reaper is a great free software (you don't have to buy the license), but if he has access to Cubase, then I would definitely choose it over Reaper.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Why not just save a bit more to get something better.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I just bought the UX2. It can get some nice clean and overdriven tones as well as high gain. Comes with a good amount of amps and effects (Pod Farm obviously), but a lot of presets show you the many more amps and effects that you can acquire.

It has decent tones right out of the box and after a few days of tinkering, it becomes easier to create better tones that suite your taste.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp