Hey, I m currently in the process of selling my Carvin DC127 custom shop (loaded with SD JB and 59 with coil taps), OFR, neck thru mahogany, sperzel locking tuners etc.

I recently got this over to trade for a Gibson LP standard faded, with a 50s neck, burstbucker pro pickups.

Is this a good trade for me? Value wise i mean. I will play the Gibson a bit before i end up selling it again, cause i m in the market for a 7 string guitar at the moment.

My question is basically, do i make a profit by trading my Carvin in for a Gibson LP faded 50s neck tobacco burst? Also how much do you think i could sell the Gibby for in Europe (NL to be precise).
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Bump for help
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
How much did your carvin cost you and how much did the LP cost new? I'm not sure if the faded standard and faded studio are the same guitars. Either way though you'd be coming out on top, sorry to say it but custom carvins have horrible resale value in most places while gibson hold their value in a death grip
I'd keep the carvin but thats just me, why do you want to sell/trade it
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
bad trade IMO,the carvin comes with top notch hardware + gibson QC is not very good these days

but If you played the LP and liked it,well I guess go for it then
It says, in the original post, that i want to sell the carvin in order to get some money to buy a 7 string guitar.

Either way i ll still have enough money (got some 500eur saved up now) and going for at least 700eur more (which i can get from my carvin) in order to get a 7 string for around 1200eur (or more, depending how much i make).

Still, i think i ll give them a play side by side and see which one is worth more to me, and the market, so that i can make a clear decision.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
Kay, sorry for the double post, but i just another offer on a trade for a 7 string, an ibby s7320, with dimarzio crunchlab and liquifire pickups, AND 100eur.

Might have to look into playing that one too
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
IMO, the Carvin is the better of the two; BUT the Gibson will most likely bring you more money and will sell faster. So if your desire is to simply sell either then trading for the Gibson would be your best bet. Carvins aren't the easiest sell despite the fact they they are usually stellar guitars. One reason (doesn't sound like it's the case with yours) is the fact that many special order them with hardware/color/features that are very personal and that the general public won't care for.....a green quilt top burst with gold hardware for example.
Funny story, the DC127 i have is green tiger burst (superb AAAA maple top), with black hardware... I can see why it wouldnt be for EVERYONE but it is like you said, a stellar guitar.

I m just GASing for a 7 string right now...
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
Quote by georgakis187
Funny story, the DC127 i have is green tiger burst (superb AAAA maple top

dont even think about trading it...seriously,AAAA maple top ?wow