Hiya!

Just to be sure before trying this out;

Guitar - Interface - PC - Reaper(live,with GuitarRig4+KeFIR) - Output Interface - Amp input = sound through amp?

I see no problems in this connection,and the speakers in my amp beat the speakers next to my computer.
Tho I know that an amp is designed for guitar ranged frequencies and not music frequencies,but since it's for guitar rig I guess it's the same?

Thanks in advance!
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09
Last edited by Youri at Jul 28, 2010,
yes it will work just make sure ist on the clean channel and it wont sounds as good with a moddeling amp so dont dont use reverb or effects on amp either.
pretty bad idea imo. you are running a moddled amp and speaker through an amp and speaker. i dont imagine it will sound good at all. your interface also outputs the wrong level/impedance signal to go back to your amp. that part will work, but it wont work great.
Yea it wasn't that great..sounded quite good with a testament song in winamp tho :0

Guess I'll have to find a good pair of headphones..

I actually like some of the sounds I can get out of the computer better than the ones out of my blackstar,especially with a VST cab loader.

How do PA-guys look at people showing up with a laptop at a gig as their amp?
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09
Last edited by Youri at Jul 28, 2010,
I have seen someone do this on YouTube. It may depend on the interface and the amp, but I'm not sure. The video was a demo for a Line6 TonePort. I have a UX1, but haven't tried it yet. I would call your interface company and see what they say. What amp and interface are you using?
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by jof1029
pretty bad idea imo. you are running a moddled amp and speaker through an amp and speaker. i dont imagine it will sound good at all. your interface also outputs the wrong level/impedance signal to go back to your amp. that part will work, but it wont work great.

+1

Especially due to the part in bold. If you put a reamp box like the Radial ProRMP between your interface and amp, it would be the right impedance...however, I still think it will sound like balls due to the rest of the quoted statement above. An amp modeler going through another amp won't sound the best...you could try running it to the effects return on the effects loop if your amp has one, but after all of this, I'd just recommend buying some studio monitors for your computer, and keeping your guitar amp for playing guitar.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Jul 28, 2010,