Does anybody here on UG own this guitar? If so, is it good and worth the price?

I've been thinking of getting one but I'm not sure if it sucks or not.

Right now I've got a BC Rich Red Bevel Warlock and I've grown tired of it + it's going down the drain. From a guitar like that to EC-50, is it a well-worth upgrade?
I'd suggest upgrade to a better one, the LTD EC-401. Mahogany body, emg pickups.

The ec-50 won't bring much of an improvement, it's abit flat, through the amp I played, and compared to the 401-, the 401 brings much more dynamic, even though coupled with the emgs.
Quote by phlowtron23
I'd suggest upgrade to a better one, the LTD EC-401. Mahogany body, emg pickups.

The ec-50 won't bring much of an improvement, it's abit flat, through the amp I played, and compared to the 401-, the 401 brings much more dynamic, even though coupled with the emgs.

Oh alright, thanks a lot! Lets just hope I can afford the 401...
I haven't had any experience with them, but you could always get the EC-200 (or something similar) if you can't afford the EC-401. To save upgrading in the future though would be a good idea to go with the EC-401.
Last edited by Skinny91 at Jul 28, 2010,
Its not really an upgrade. Its not good to buy lots of beginner guitars, in the long run you'll regret it.
Quote by Skinny91
I haven't had any experience with them, but you could always get the EC-200 (or something similar) if you can't afford the EC-401. To save upgrading in the future though would be a good idea to go with the EC-401.

The EC-200 isn't any different to the ec-50, only has the quilted maple on top.
I have an EC-50 that I won in a guitar store promotion. It's ok.... but I also have a Les Paul & Ibanez RG550... so compared to them it's utter crap (of course).

It's the entry level model and you should treat it as such - it's not going to be your first guitar so personally I would try and save a little more money and aim for something better in their range so that it is a genuine upgrade.
Quote by perfectchaos23
what is your budget?

Well money is mainly not an issue, although I don't wanna throw in too much money at the moment. It's just that I've got tired with my Warlock (especially the shape) and wanted a LP model.

What about the EC-200, wouldn't that be better than getting the EC-50? The E-401 does actually cost, I'll have to bide my time a little.

In terms of specs and hardware, isn't the EC-50 better than the Red Beveled Warlock?
Last edited by HighDef at Jul 30, 2010,
Have you ever played an EC? How do you know you like it? It's a world apart from a Warlock.

Regarding the 200, the 200 series is pretty cool because all the guitars in that line are coil tapped, which is a nice feature. I'd definitely try before buying though, if that's possible. I had to buy mine online, and the wood doesn't sound very good. I still love it though
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Have you ever played an EC? How do you know you like it? It's a world apart from a Warlock.

Yes I have a played an EC before, and yes, I liked it. It probably is, but I was just referring to specs and hardware in general.

Quote by Offworld92
Regarding the 200, the 200 series is pretty cool because all the guitars in that line are coil tapped, which is a nice feature. I'd definitely try before buying though, if that's possible. I had to buy mine online, and the wood doesn't sound very good. I still love it though

Coil tapped? Elaborate!
I see that the EC-200 actually has EMG pickups. Are these pickups normally better the other common ones? Would you recommend the EC-200?