Hybrid Theory was their best album by a mile.

Also, this will get moved to bands and artists.
RIP Tom Searle.
Ew.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Linkin Park is terrbile, wish they'd just disappear already.

If you like to hear people screaming then just listen to Burzum, it's about 10045x better than Linkin Shit.
Am I hearing a rave lead back there

..........I'm not sure what to make of this.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

do they need a guitarist anymore?
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
The fuck was that?

Sounded like Paul Oakenfold wannabe
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw
The fuck was that?

Sounded like Paul Oakenfold wannabe

Not even.

Oakenfold sounds like he knows what he's doing

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Chester has a good voice, but I can not stand Linking Park's music. It's all the same to me. Every chorus has that one long vocal note. Drives me nuts.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
In my honest opinion, I think it's rubbish. They need to go back to the whole Meteoria era and get their aggressive image back. Based on the preview, I'm not looking forward to their new album and it's not the Linkin Park that I loved so much
Guitars:
Charvel So-Cal
Ibanez RG1527
ESP LTD Stephen Carpenter 607b
BC Rich Warlock Bronze
Is this another transformers album?
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by Demon Wolf
Chester has a good voice, but I can not stand Linking Park's music. It's all the same to me. Every chorus has that one long vocal note. Drives me nuts.

http://www.hometracked.com/2007/05/29/all-linkin-park-songs-look-the-same/

Stumbled upon that the other day. Seems relevant to your interests.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Butt Rayge
i lyk linkin parks cus thay cunbine emoshunal meledis wiht haad rokx nd hevvy mettles

Honestly, though, Linkin Park always have and always will suck bags of dick.
Quote by SteveHouse

Fukkin' lol

Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and to some extent Meteora were all pretty good. Minutes to Midnight, though, was absolutely awful.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by SteveHouse

YEEES SCIENTIFIC PROOF

*bookmarks*

My brother listens to them so I have to sit through alot of their stuff. I mean, let them do whatever music they want but Chester should use his pipe to sing something else. I heard him do a killer version of Paradise City with Slash on Youtube.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Fukkin' lol

Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and to some extent Meteora were all pretty good. Minutes to Midnight, though, was absolutely awful.

Yup.

That's where they abandoned their own style and started sounding like everybody else.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope
Yup.

That's where they abandoned their own style and started sounding like everybody else.

This.

That's why I have all of their albums up to that point. It was their style I liked.

Now they're very mainstream, and I hate em for it.
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
Chester i a frequent disappointment to me. He has one of the coolest voices in rock, but in the first two albums it was intermingled with whiny white boy rap. Then when they finally cut back on the rap, he stops using his voice properly. Then when he releases his side project, he doesnt really let fly like we all know he can do. Stop ****ing around and make a heavy album, you angelic-sounding douche.
...In my opinion.
Quote by devilskommander
This.

That's why I have all of their albums up to that point. It was their style I liked.

Quote by Wiki
Hybrid Theory was released in the United States on October 24, 2000 following the debut of "One Step Closer" on the radio. It entered the U.S. Billboard 200 charts at #16 in late 2000,[ and was certified gold by the RIAA five weeks after its release. In 2001, Hybrid Theory sold 4.8 million copies in the United States, making it the best-selling album of the year, and it was estimated that the album continued selling 100,000 copies per week in early 2002. Throughout the following years, the album continued to sell at a fast pace and was certified diamond by the RIAA in 2005 for selling 10 million copies in the US. It has also sold 24 million copies worldwide as of 2009, which made it the band's best-selling album and the world's best-selling debut album by an artist of the 21st century.

Now they're mainstream?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Yes. Now they're mainstream and less popular. Mainstream does not=popular. Mainstream=boring, toned down, and generalized... And I hate you for it, LP... HAYTE.

For serious... Hybrid Theory, Metoera, The Jay-z mix deal.. All epic. I even liked Fort Minor. Loved everything about that band. Then, reunion? new album? I was ecstatic... Until I listened to it... It's not "More mature sounding" (as one review I read said). It's more whiney. And it lacks any sort of substance, soul, or value musically.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Mainstream: To popularize, to normalize, to render mainstream; Purchased, used or accepted broadly rather than by a tiny fraction of population or market; common, usual or conventional
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Hmm...just a little too technoish for me. I liked 'em better when they were more like rock.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Not br00tal, who cares.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Eh. My favorite was Reanimation. Actually, that was the only one that really stuck with me after the whole "OMG LINKIN PARK R THE ROXORZ" phase of my middle school years.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by devilskommander
This.

They've been mainstream since Hybrid Theory.