Hey

So, I saw this second hand Marshall Valvestate 8020 amp for £40. The reverb knob was kind of loose, althought I'm not sure if it works, but I'll probably be able to fix it anyway. So I will try this amp out when I have time.
At the mean time, I'm just wondering if is this amp is any good for classic and hard rock sounds, and also metal.
I know I should test it out first and see if I like it, but I want to know what pros and cons other people have about this amp.
If anyone has this amp, what do you think of it, and is £40 a good price for this second hand amp?

Thanks
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
i think its a good deal depending on the model. i didnt have that one specifically but i had a valvestate for practice
the cleans were pretty good but i didnt like the gain channels too much
for £40 you can`t go wrong they are pretty good amps that went out of production when marshall launched the avt series, the amp itself if from the valvestate family and i`m still happy with my vs100r after 15 years, pity i don`t play through it enough.

But for £40 it would make a decent visitor's amp I guess.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Hi I have a Marshall Valvestate 8020 and the pots are far too scratchy. What exactly should I use to clean them, and do I need to disassemble anything to do clean them effectively? Or is it simply a matter of spraying something on to the pots as seen from the outside of the amp ?
I had a 8240, very similar amps. The gain is pretty good for a solid state. If you play rock and metal it's gonna do great.

I'd definitely get it for that money.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
I'm sure after 7 years OP already decided and probably has gone through way more amps since.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
H4T3BR33D3R lol

didn't see the date... Well, there is one guy asking about scratchy pots, I have no other tip than using circuit cleaner in them...

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans