What are some good free hosting sites, the kind that would be good for putting a small business on, that will ACTUALLY let me design my own stuff and not just make me use some HIDEOUS template?
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Extremely small business... Mostly just a page to have to link to with an example of work and such, all things will probably be sold through ebay anyways.

EDIT: Nice avatar, btw.
-Edgar Degas
Quote by CoreysMonster
you want to run a small business on a webpage without paying for hosting?

have fun.

+1

You'll get nothing but shite for free.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
google sites is decent at best
"Just because you are a character, does not mean that you have character"
-Pulp Fiction
Ok, then. What's a CHEAP place that I can host a small website that will let me customize how it looks? >_>
-Edgar Degas
google apps - you can get a free version (might be a one off fee im not sure) of it and it takes care of email, docs too etc. Its good, i use it for email mostly, so i have my own email tom@(my dads name).co.uk its awesome and you can also have (name).co.uk
There is a paid version too.
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Do you plan on completely doing it yourself? As in, graphics, HTML, everything? My band used Godaddy for the .com domain (£5 a year) and I think I used www.000webhost.com which is completely free of ads and has PHP and all that shiz.
yeah. I got the graphic design part under the handle. Thanks.

EDIT: Any good free blogging sites that will let me set it up however I want without making me use an ugly template?
-Edgar Degas
Last edited by Tone Deaf at Jul 28, 2010,
I've never used one myself, but Wordpress seems reasonable. Not entirely sure on how it all works, but it's free.

Or there's Blogger (I think it used to be called blogspot) which I think does use templates, but I'm usure about whether or not you can discard them and/or make your own.
A lot of low bandwidth hosting is really cheap... just cash out the few dollars a month it's not a big deal.