hey guys

im lookin to get my first guitar. only thing is i dont know a whole lot about guitars. my favorite guitar player is slash hence my name so I would assume a guitar like his which is a gibson les paul. my budget is about 6-700 for the guitar and the amp. what do you 'spose i could get for that? i know i cant get his specific guitar because its like 6,000 but something that looks and sounds like it would be cool.
Last edited by XgnraddictX at Jul 28, 2010,
Well try something made by Ibanez. They build really good guitars. Even the RG 270 thats just a beginners guitar sounds pretty good on stage (If you keep on playing guitar thats where you will stand in some time ;-) )
and if I'm right, the RG270 costs around 300 Bugs? (I live in Europe)
So you could buy a real good amp for the remaining 400
Cause in my opinion it's more worth to invest in a good amp than in a expensive guitar.
look at an epiphone les paul standard, it's a cheaper version of the les pauls that slash plays, for the amp look at a vox vt30, it's got loads of effects and amp models som based on amps slash has used to record and play live with
Quote by King-For-A-Day
Well try something made by Ibanez. They build really good guitars. Even the RG 270 thats just a beginners guitar sounds pretty good on stage (If you keep on playing guitar thats where you will stand in some time ;-) )
and if I'm right, the RG270 costs around 300 Bugs? (I live in Europe)
So you could buy a real good amp for the remaining 400
Cause in my opinion it's more worth to invest in a good amp than in a expensive guitar.

I agree, your amp is probably a more important investment. A great guitar will sound shite through a bad amp but a cheaper guitar will sound good through a good amp. If you really want to spend more on the guitar I recommend trying out the Roland cube series amps, decent tone for a cheap amp and it's very versatile with built in effects such as flanger and chorus, an acoustic simulator and 4-5 different types of distortion. If you want a les paul I suppose check out the epiphone les pauls. But you should really go to your local guitar store and try out as many different types of guitars as you can within your budget. Look for comfort on the neck and the tone of course. Looks, important as they are, should come after these considerations. Tell the guy in the shop what type of music you want to play and see what he recommends. Oh, and another thing I would highly recommend is to put 20 bucks from your budget aside and also get yourself a metronome. You'll be amazed at how these things can help you improve and speed up your progress. Good luck
Last edited by vennaco at Jul 28, 2010,