Hey all.. Finished my first cover the other day, Pink Floyd's Time solo. I can't play in front of a camera worth crap, so there area few mistakes and inaccurate bends! Overall though, I'm happy with this, and I'm sure the quality of my covers will improve as I get better at this. Anyways, if you could check it out... C4C would be appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlcgZLB_c18

I played/programmed everything you hear.
Last edited by MrMartyMustaine at Jul 29, 2010,
I think that was a excellent job done. I count that solo on that song as one of the top 5 all time best solos ever. Still duh me, I haven't gotten around to learning it, always seem to be working on something else but I will....someday.

Gilmour is one of those guys that just knows how to say a lot without a lot of notes. I am like a pimple on his ass when it comes to tasteful playing lol.

cheers
Hey man, I really enjoyed the cover. Great playing, I wouldn't consider those mistakes as it's probably more your take on playing this solo, as long as your in key and it's sounding good! Also good work on the backing track. Props man!

If you want to C4C I also did a cover of the Time solo: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294436
Quote by devilzdj4
Hey man, I really enjoyed the cover. Great playing, I wouldn't consider those mistakes as it's probably more your take on playing this solo, as long as your in key and it's sounding good! Also good work on the backing track. Props man!

If you want to C4C I also did a cover of the Time solo: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1294436

Agreed. There are some solos that are so signature that deviating far from it just wouldn't be right. However copying another person's solo note for note is like like a artist trying to copy a painting brush stroke for brush stroke. Some can copy, completely perfectly copy , and that is a achievement no doubt, but often the original creator doesn't or can't copy the solo note for note live that they did in the studio.

Even for a signature solo, a slight deviation is alright in my opinion. The good thing about trying to learn a solo note for note as much as possible though is that it is good for expanding personal learning, which you can later take that to a level of your own.

One song I am currently working on is "Cult of personality". There is no way I will be able to copy that note for note. I am shooting for catching a few key phrases in that solo and doing something that sounds compatible in the end. All that songs solo, I don't consider a signature solo like "Time" has. Cult of personality is more of a improv type solo that was captured just right in the studio.
Quote by LK_revival
Agreed. There are some solos that are so signature that deviating far from it just wouldn't be right. However copying another person's solo note for note is like like a artist trying to copy a painting brush stroke for brush stroke. Some can copy, completely perfectly copy , and that is a achievement no doubt, but often the original creator doesn't or can't copy the solo note for note live that they did in the studio.

Even for a signature solo, a slight deviation is alright in my opinion. The good thing about trying to learn a solo note for note as much as possible though is that it is good for expanding personal learning, which you can later take that to a level of your own.

One song I am currently working on is "Cult of personality". There is no way I will be able to copy that note for note. I am shooting for catching a few key phrases in that solo and doing something that sounds compatible in the end. All that songs solo, I don't consider a signature solo like "Time" has. Cult of personality is more of a improv type solo that was captured just right in the studio.

Yeah, well said. Time is like...every lick he does must be there because they're all key phrases lmfaoo.
Quote by MrMartyMustaine
Thank you very much. I thought I had matched the tone fairly well =/

Oh well. I still like it. =P

Thanks for feedback!

The tone sounded good don't get me wrong I just thought you could cut the gain down a little for that particular song.