so recently I got a decent les paul with a hardcase

well the case is pretty nice... it's got a number lock, snug fit, and everything else a good hardcase should have. however, i noticed that when I rest the guitar in the case, the end of the angled les paul head touches the bottom of the case (really slightly... most of the guitar's weight seems to rest on the body and the neck)

Is this normal for a les paul hardcase?? I thought the head was not supposed to be touching the case because les paul neck is pretty easy to break
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
thats wierd... mine doesn't touch it whats the headstock angle of it because Gibson has changed headstock angles over the years
either that or the case
pictures would help.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by SilverRock113
thats wierd... mine doesn't touch it whats the headstock angle of it because Gibson has changed headstock angles over the years
either that or the case

gibsons were only ever 14 or 17 degrees, that is not enough difference at all
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by SilverRock113
either that or the case

It's been 17 degrees for a long time, bro.

Might just be a design flaw in the case.
Mine sit about a fingers width from the bottom. Are you sure the guitar is a real Gibson? lol
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jul 28, 2010,
At what point did he say it was?
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
[quote="'[Azrael"]']At what point did he say it was?

He didn't, but why would he put anything but a Gibson in that case? LOL, never mind.
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
In what case? It doesn't say it's a Gibson guitar or case, it's just as Les Paul and a Les Paul Case lol
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
There was a time in Gibson's history when the cases were an issue like this, but I'm not sure when.
TS regardless of whether it's a Gibson LP or another maker, that headstock should not be touching the case bottom! The neck should be supported by the cross bar just below the storage compartment. Add some padding if you need to because a sharp bump or drop will transfer the force to the headstock and that won't be good.
Moving on.....
[quote="'[Azrael"]']In what case? It doesn't say it's a Gibson guitar or case, it's just as Les Paul and a Les Paul Case lol
I guess my mind filled it in. I could have swore I read the word Gibson. Maybe I need a break from the pc eh?
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
yeah maybe i should have been clear... it's not a gibson; neither the case nor the guitar
however, it's not some no name cheap guitar either so if anything I would imagine, from the inputs I received from this thread, that it's the case problem...

I guess I'll add some paddings on the cross bar as KenG told me. either that or i guess i'll buy another case that fits well : P

anyway, thanks people
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT