I'm looking to purchase a bass cab pretty soon before I start back to school...I have a Fender Mexican Standard Jazz Bass and an Acoustic B100 that I can run through the cab until I get a proper head.

What cabs would you recommend for me? I'm probably going to be playing mostly alternative rock/metal on this thing, but I don't desire the "heaviest" sound out of it.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
i also would like to know this.

also, OP, would you recommend the Acoustic B100? i've been meaning to upgrade my combo. is it a good deal?
Quote by Seanstrom
i also would like to know this.

also, OP, would you recommend the Acoustic B100? i've been meaning to upgrade my combo. is it a good deal?

It's an alright combo, nothing special. I used to have an Ampeg combo and honestly it sounded a whole lot better. But I traded it in and got this combo because I needed some cash at the time. :/

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by Thebiz
It's an alright combo, nothing special. I used to have an Ampeg combo and honestly it sounded a whole lot better. But I traded it in and got this combo because I needed some cash at the time. :/

well i have a line 6 15 watt combo, and to be honest, it's not as good as i would like it to be.
I would get a peavey or trace elliot if you dont mind the weight. Great cabs.

A 4x10,2x12,1x15,2x10 etc is all done to personnal preference so i owuld check em all out.
Whats your budget.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
I would get a peavey or trace elliot if you dont mind the weight. Great cabs.

A 4x10,2x12,1x15,2x10 etc is all done to personnal preference so i owuld check em all out.
Whats your budget.

I would like to spend between $400-500 max if possible. I've been looking into the Gallien Krueger Neo cab series.

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
No point in getting Gk cabs unless youll get their heads aswell really. Sort of annoying.

But otherwise a Gk 2x12 neo is agreat cab. Lightish and packs a big punch. So if you like the heads aswell i would go for it.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul