What is the best amp for small gigs and rehearsing?

Also how many watts would be acceptable for small gigs and rehearsing?

I'd also prefer a low price.
cig
It depends on your circumstances. Will you always have pa support or ever or just for vocals.

You can use 100 watts at practise and small gigs as i used to use my fender rumble which coped with it. Or you might need to closer to 300 watts.
More info is needed.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I personally do not play bass, but my friend does, and he doesn't know anything about it either. He needs one for rehearsing and recording mainly.

EDIT: To fatgoogle
cig
Last edited by jld8111 at Jul 28, 2010,
Well then tell him to be safe and aim towards 300 watts or so. And a cab of his choice that he likes the sound of.

Tell him to check out, peavey, hartke, ashdown and kustom.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
If you want cheap, go for a combo. 300 watts is safe. there are plenty of choices so i suggest your friend get out there and try some amps.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
B200? I can easily "loud practice" with it (heavy drummer and two guitarists each with halfstacks containing 4x12 cabs). It has been gigged with, but the gigs were indie shows, so I'm not sure how to count it (the amp was barely turned up because it was only going against drums with brushes, a violin, and an acoustic). I'd say aim for 300 as well, but 200 can probably do the trick, and most certainly can if the gigs have a PA system.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....