Okay so Ive been listening to a lot of acoustic stuff lately (all fingerstyle) and I noticed a few guys would do this thing where they hit a natural harmonic on like the 5th 7th or 12th fret (I can do that, that's not the question) Question is, I noticed they would like shake the guitar or something and the harmonic would be kinda like wavy? I guess thats the only way to explain it. And I tried but idk how to do it :/. Any tips or ideas????

Thanks

at 0:07 Andy Mckee does it in this video ( so you know what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn1d5DmdMqY

and Antoine Dufour does it at 0:59 in this video http://marketaffiliate.org/blog/?p=18768
Quote by denfilade
He's just a friend waiting to happen.

Or rape.
they bend the neck of the guitar. keep the body somewhat in place and pull the neck towards you.

Don't over do it so you wont break it :P

That trick works on every guitar and sound. You can also experiment by depressing the strings above the nut.
lol Eddy I can imagine someone trying it and literally just breaking the neck in 2 xD. But I thought about depressing the strings I just never tried it lol. But they bend the neck?? that's odd??
Quote by denfilade

Or rape.
Yep, it's bending the neck.

My uncle uses the technique when playing on his electric, too. I never really understood it. I mean, he has a tremolo bar and uses it, but every so often he'll bend the neck. I suppose it's a different sound.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
bending the neck is sometimes used instead of a trem bar because it's subtler, I do It alot on guitars with floyd roses, since it's pretty easy to go overboard with those
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
thank you guys so much for answering. I will definitely try the technique soon
Quote by denfilade

Or rape.
You could also tug on the string, in the space between the tuners and the nut. It might be harder to incorporate quickly into playing without a lot of practice, though.
My heart beats in 4/4, not the other way around.

Do your part. Join TVTropes.