ok well im getting my first paycheck this friday and i've chosen to devote $100 of it to some sort of new gear(while saving the rest for a bigger investment down the road). currently i have a yamaha pacifica 012 and a peavey vypyr 15. picks and strings are already on my list, anything else?
Quote by Yhdeksas
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone

NO!!!!!!! You need at least a better amp before getting a shit pedal, and I know you can't get a better amp with that money but just do not get a pedal like that. Maybe a delay or reverb? Chorus?
If there's not something that you really need. I say just put that $100 towards that bigger investment.
Well Save the Hundret Bugs put another hundret on it the next month and buy an good amp, cuz thats what you need
Quote by WtrPlyr
^He ain't gonna get something better than a Vypyr with $200

I'm pretty sure he meant that as a continuing sequence... not just taking $200 and buying a new amp... But taking the $100 each paycheck and buying a new amp when he has enough to buy something nice
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Take it from Axl

You just need a little patience.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by WtrPlyr
^He ain't gonna get something better than a Vypyr with $200

Very untrue, I got a Peavey VTM 120 for $200. I've also seen Valvekings go for as low as $175, even a Marshall AVT would probably be an upgrade.

I would suggest saving your money and getting a new guitar and amp before you go out and buy pedals that won't really do anything for your current rig. The metalzone is an extremely crappy pedal. Why people suggest it I have no idea.
If you aren’t already taking lessons invest in a good DVD guitar course. Metal Method is great if you like hard rock and metal.
This is the third consecutive thread in which I've seen Boss MT-2. Is something going on that I don't know about?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I'd have to go with 'save up $500 if not $1000 and then buy an awesome amp.'
Ibanez AS93