We're called Extravagrant and the song is called Ripples in the Sky

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1034804&songID=9456655
(Also uploading to my profile as I type)

This song has been in progress for about 2 years (fun fact: about a year ago I posted a crappy demo without vocals here on UG, which can also be found in my profile "Anticatalyst - Ripples in the Sky", haha) and we've been facing all sorts of problems with it (mostly our epic procrastination), but it's finally done as the first song from our upcoming 4-track EP

Let us know what you think about the composition, playing and production!
I do guitars, backing vocals and production, btw
I loved the arrangement and the musicianship. Maybe it lacked the hooks to make it memorable on first listen, but prog-rock would always take a few listens anyway. I liked it overall and amazing songwriting.
Good stuff, dude! Drums are not well mixed, I can't stand the snare and kick drum. The ride is barely hearable, and the china just breaks through everything in comparison. So a few issues there, but it's really good! I enjoyed it. Good luck with your EP and maybe an album in the future!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
I agree that there are some mixing issues with the drums, but I really, really like this. If you guys were local, I'd definitely come to some shows. Great stuff!
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
Wow! Love this! The drum-mix could be better, but it sounds like your fixing that.

Loved the soloing at 2:55ish.

This is totally epic.

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1344161

EDIT: Better!!
Last edited by a7xrocks02 at Jul 29, 2010,
Ah, drums are much better now, awesome!
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Ah, drums are much better now, awesome!

Cheers! I'll take a look at some of your stuff later as well
I really don't care for a lot of this TYPE of music..................but GODDAMN man!!!!!! Lol. That was very VERY good as far as Arrangement goes. It gave me goosebumps a few times, and any song that does that on the 1st try is great. Even with the better mix up now the drums did occasionally clash with other stuff, but that's a small hiccup. Keep up the great work and good luck to you guys.

Here's mine.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341315

It's heavy metal and only the guitar, but i'm pretty proud of it. If you can stand to critique anything then please help with the arrangement. After listening to you guys I'll take all the tips i can get, haha. Cheers
Quote by bdof
I really don't care for a lot of this TYPE of music..................but GODDAMN man!!!!!! Lol. That was very VERY good as far as Arrangement goes. It gave me goosebumps a few times, and any song that does that on the 1st try is great. Even with the better mix up now the drums did occasionally clash with other stuff, but that's a small hiccup. Keep up the great work and good luck to you guys.

Here's mine.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1341315

It's heavy metal and only the guitar, but i'm pretty proud of it. If you can stand to critique anything then please help with the arrangement. After listening to you guys I'll take all the tips i can get, haha. Cheers

Thanks man - I'm flattered

Checking your stuff tonight with the other guys'
Listened, enjoyed and commented all of you guys' works!

I gotta say, the quality of the stuff I hear on UG has vastly improved of the last years
Dude, epicness. Love this song, great arrangement and vocals too. Reminds me a bit of the band Redemption, if you've heard them. Phenomenal guitar playing, great soloing and rhythms, especially during the choruses. Keep it up!
Pretty damn epic dude, some great composition going on.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]