I was actually going to invest in a power amp (Mesa/Boogie 2:50) & a pre amp (Engl e530 - w/JJ6L6GC vac. tubes) together as a 'head', & then one other head (peavey 6505+) along with "the other head" (the pwr amp/pre amp). now I've heard of a single "stereo" cab (for example: 1 4x12 cab sounded one head thru 2 speakers while the other head is sounded thru the other side of the cab) - this is different than setting 2 cabs 10-15 feet apart from eachother < that's surround sound, I am rather trying to achieve a 'bigger' sound by mixing 2 amp tones thru one single cabinet.

some cabinets are bought this way... but I was going for a Mesa/Boogie 4x12 Stiletto cab - which is NOT made that way originally, BUT: I was wondering:

...Is it possible to modify a cabinet to do this??? and how?

-Thanks in advance!
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
I'm sure you could if you contacted Mesa and bought a new panel with the stereo wiring for the back. The Stiletto cabs really can't run stereo? That's odd.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Stilletto cabs DO run stereo. So long as you get a 4X12. You can run it with 8 Ohms mono and run either side on 4 Ohms. So you could have one head going through either side.

Edit: Unless you're talking about having both amps coming through all four speakers at once, which will sound muddy, and the higher output amp will overshadow the other. So you'd need two attenuators, an external mixer, and another power amp to do this. Sorry. But you can still run them on either side.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
Last edited by Karlboy at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by Karlboy
Stilletto cabs DO run stereo. So long as you get a 4X12. You can run it with 8 Ohms mono and run either side on 4 Ohms. So you could have one head going through either side.

Edit: Unless you're talking about having both amps coming through all four speakers at once, which will sound muddy, and the higher output amp will overshadow the other. So you'd need two attenuators, an external mixer, and another power amp to do this. Sorry. But you can still run them on either side.

thats a relief to hear they actually run stereo from the factory, and thenks again for the advice!

to be more specific: I was meaning to run each "head'' thru 2 spkrs each (cuz I see a youtube video of a guy who rig'd a Dual Rectifier (which actually sounded REALLY good btw) and an Engl Savage 120W togetherm but idk if it was thru 1 cab tho, but it sounded great. SO that influenced me... lol
Yeah. But the same can be said for DAR amps and other amps which use "weird" tubes...dammit I want a pair of KT120s..I might blow up my amp and burn my house down, but at least I'll go out in a blaze of glory
Quote by C_majzer
thats a relief to hear they actually run stereo from the factory, and thenks again for the advice!

to be more specific: I was meaning to run each "head'' thru 2 spkrs each (cuz I see a youtube video of a guy who rig'd a Dual Rectifier (which actually sounded REALLY good btw) and an Engl Savage 120W togetherm but idk if it was thru 1 cab tho, but it sounded great. SO that influenced me... lol

It will work just fine. I did that with my rack rig - Mesa 2:90 into each side, one with a Randall RM4 and the other with an ADA MP-1. It sounds just like you're playing it through 2 2x12s
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com