a very old saber?
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
The seller actually replied to my message, he said it is an EX series Ibanez, does that sound legit? Something about 140$ smells fishy here...
need pic of the headstock and a side on view of the body those contours look slightly off to be a modern RG, the shape of some of the contours has changed slightly over the years, i`ve seen one from the mid 80s that was similar.
EX140 or... what about the white Ibanez in this picture.
--- Is 140$ for this guitar worth it? Comes with gig bag too. No trembolo arm. I figure I can't lose.

from that i`d go with either the 160 or 140

the ex apparently stood for experimental and preluded the rg models they were cheap and poorly rated.

i really need to get me a copy of the ibanez the untold story it as all the info that`s more obscure and harder to find.
id just like to pop in and mention that he said "trembolo" arm, which i found to be funny
It's $140. What's the worst that can happen? You get a less-than-stellar quality guitar? For $140, you shouldn't be expecting a Lucille or anything. It's a cheap guitar that could potentially serve well as a beater. If not, sell it to some kid who's just starting out. What's the damage going to be?
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
I bought it. $140. To confirm it is an Ibanez EX series. It doesnt say on it what model # it is, but it has to be the EX-160. Made in Korea.

It came with a soft case and brand new strings.

It weighs a ton. Which I like. and is MINT. It was made in 1990. The back plate still has the clear polyurethane plastic to protect it from scratches. I actually almost feel guilty playing it since it seems this 20 year old guitar is strait out of the box.

All the frets show minimal signs of wear. The neck is strait as can be and I think is classified as a Wizard I, its quick with jumbo frets for the scalloped fret feel - enjoying that. The action is already really low but I dont hear any fret buzz, and I think I can lower it further.

It was used in a church band on Sunday up until now... I got home, put it in drop tuning and let all the built up anger it had spill out.

The pickups work great.

For 140$ this was a steal. I was expecting really inferior quality based on the price.

I wasnt actually planning to buy a new guitar anytime soon and actually just put a DiMarzio DP102 X2N pickup in my other guitar. This was just a quick find on Craigslist. I am going to play this thing a few days and decide if I should switch it over to this new Ibanez.

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out the model of this guitar earlier today.

A few, albeit poor, pics ---

As a note, the X2N is generally not a favoured pickup on UG, thats just UG though.

I woulda recommended a different set/combo.
Quote by JJ2003
I bought it. $140. To confirm it is an Ibanez EX series. It doesnt say on it what model # it is, but it has to be the EX-160. Made in Korea.

It came with a soft case and brand new strings.

It weighs a ton. Which I like. and is MINT. It was made in 1990. The back plate still has the clear polyurethane plastic to protect it from scratches. I actually almost feel guilty playing it since it seems this 20 year old guitar is strait out of the box.

All the frets show minimal signs of wear. The neck is strait as can be and I think is classified as a Wizard I, its quick with jumbo frets for the scalloped fret feel - enjoying that. The action is already really low but I dont hear any fret buzz, and I think I can lower it further.

It was used in a church band on Sunday up until now... I got home, put it in drop tuning and let all the built up anger it had spill out.

The pickups work great.

For 140$ this was a steal. I was expecting really inferior quality based on the price.

I wasnt actually planning to buy a new guitar anytime soon and actually just put a DiMarzio DP102 X2N pickup in my other guitar. This was just a quick find on Craigslist. I am going to play this thing a few days and decide if I should switch it over to this new Ibanez.

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out the model of this guitar earlier today.

A few, albeit poor, pics ---

Told ya so
MOMMY MAD 'CAUSE I MADE A BOOM ON THE RUG

Gretsch G5120 >>> ProCo Rat >>> Fender Bassman 4x10
I doubt it has a wizard 1 neck. The Gios basically replaced these. If you like it, all power to you though.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I doubt it has a wizard 1 neck. The Gios basically replaced these. If you like it, all power to you though.

I think your right. Its not a Wizard. The neck profile on my guitar is shallower, at least I think.

I did more research on it and a few people mentioned Wizard I but I think they were incorrect.
The neck is still faster than my other guitars because the back is not as finished, its just maple with some lacquer.

Either way I am enjoying it.

Never had a tremolo to fool around with so its obviously really fun right now. (Always used hard-tail.)