alright, well this won't be a true "build" thread at all. but i've got a nice warmoth body i bought off of ebay and progress has been pretty slow so far (no progress so far ) but i figure as i should be ordering the neck soon i should make a thread!

Overall: my plan is a george lynch-style super strat. a few key differences; mine will be swamp ash, it won't have cool graphics painted on it, it'll be an HSS style instead of HxS, and it'll be top routed. anyway my plan is to get a nice reverse kramer-style headstock neck from musikraft soon and then begin collecting up the money for the floyd and the last pickup i'll need.

Pickups: i've already got a dimarzio virtual solo for the middle, and either an air norton or super distortion for the bridge. can't decide, the air norton in the bridge is clear as glass which is really cool, but the super distortion really screams. which might fit better with the style of music i'll be shooting for with this one. two more points for the air norton would be that it's output would better match with the singlecoils i'll be using, and i've already got an air norton in my other swamp ash warmoth. and it sounds awesome! so it's kind of the front runner for the job right now.

Neck: my original plan was to go with warmoth's KWS neck, but i'm so picky about headstocks and warmoth's design is just kind of lacking. looking at the KWS and then at a real kramer neck the differences are really obvious. and i'm not liking the warmoth design at all. so my plan now is to go with musikraft. i've only heard good things about them, so i guess i'll see! the guys at warmoth have always made the best necks i've played, so it's a risk. but i'll trust musikraft's good reputation on this one.

Mock Ups: the body was ordered off of ebay and is extremely light (which i'm really excited about). the previous owner had already used it and so had drilled holes for the pickguard. hopefully they assembled it carefully because it'll be a pain if the holes are off by even a little bit! i like the color, although originally i was going to go with a shockingly bright "graffiti yellow" from warmoth. this color is called "charger green" and you can definitely see why if you look up some pictures of some classic dodge chargers being a mopar guy i'm really liking it.

it's really almost a "pea green" sort of color.

this was thrown together from parts i had laying around. makes me think that a creme pickguard might not be so bad. still thinking i'm going to go with black though.

and my terrible photoshop

and finally my kisekae mock-up. i'm still thinking i'd like to do an ebony board on this one, but maple might be really cool too. ebony is what i saw in my head before i decided to start this build, but maple would be a little bit cheaper. it's a tough call, but i think i'll save up a little more for the ebony and be happier in the long run

ebony

maple

(if i went maple i would make it flame maple. makes the decision even harder! a nice flame maple neck is really special i think)

To Sum Up: so thats the beginning of my assembly thread. i can't say that this build is going to come together quickly, but i'll be making updates from time to time. i'd definitely appreciate any input on what anybody thinks about the neck or the pickups. i'm still not sure about the bridge pickup, and the neck pickup is still up for debate too.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
No way man, it looks SICK with the creme pickguard and reverse jackson neck. Only thing i'd try to do is get rid of the stripe on the head. Ruins it for me.
DIO FOREVER
If you want opinions, I don't like the reverse Jackson/explorer-ish headstock. It just doesn't work with the guitar for me. I think a standard Charvel-type superstrat headstock would be best. I'd also go with an ebony board.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
thanks guys. here's the headstock i'll actually be using. i'm not a big fan of the jackson style at all. that neck was just laying around, and was off of an old Charvette by Charvel guitar i had. i decided it might be cool to throw it on there for a better idea of what it might look like all together. i'm normally not a big fan of reverse headstocks.

and the creme pickguard has grown on me! still debating on that one. i'm still thinking about maybe going with a regular (non reverse) headstock instead. still not sure, but i've got some time before i make an order to think about it

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
i forgot to mention, the trem will probably be an original floyd rose. if anybody has any other suggestions i'm definitely open to them.

Pickups: one area that i'd really like suggestions in. i'm leaning towards going with the air norton in the bridge and an area 61 in the neck (virtual solo middle). there are some sound clips of the 61 on dimarzio's website, but if you check a bunch of the same sound clips are used for a bunch of pickups so i don't really know how accurate any of those are.

semi-update: decided to go with a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon. i'm pretty excited! i've heard a lot of good things. i know it's not insanely high output, but my first choice was an Air Norton, so really? high output isn't what i'm shooting for. clarity and definition are the keys for me! if i don't like it expect to see it on the classifieds here i got a good deal, so i figure i can probably sell it for what i got it for and move on (possibly a p-rail) if i don't like it

now to pick a neck single coil, THEN get a neck, and then finally the bridge still some work to be done, but it's getting there. very slowly, and one piece at a time. thinking more and more about going with Warmoth for the neck. they haven't let me down before, and a 24.75" neck might be great for a smoother feel with the floyd. still debating that one, but i have some time.

for the next couple weeks my income is going towards Kane and Lynch 2 and Mafia 2 damn you, Xbox 360.

You may want to check into a Gotoh Floyd Rose, I've heard great things about them, and they are comparably cheap on beyondeleven.com

Other than that, The creme pickguard reminds me of pea soup, I'm not sure why and at some point, you will need to make a video and use the guitar as a green screen, making it appear you are playing somethig you're not, or just put trippy images on it.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA