I decided to convert my squier strat to a fretless. I cut two wires to take out all the guts so i could re-paint it. Ive tried to wire it back up, but it wont work, and im not sure why. : (

THALL
Looks like you took it apart and tossed it all over the table!
That could be why.
Did you cut two or three wires to take the scratchplate mounted electrics away? Hot (1) and Ground (2) to the jack, and what did you do with the Ground that's soldered to the spring claw in the rear trem cavity?
Last edited by lostcreation333 at Jul 28, 2010,
I only cut two wires, the input and ground, i let two of my freinds work on it and i guess whatever one of them did messed it up. But everythings s connected and it should work.
THALL
Quote by lostcreation333
Did you cut two or three wires to take the scratchplate mounted electrics away? Hot (1) and Ground (2) to the jack, and what did you do with the Ground that's soldered to the spring claw in the rear trem cavity?

I twisted the ends together and soldered it a bit,
THALL
I think you need to take it all apart and get yourself a wiring diagram. If you don't know what your friends did and it's not working then it's going to be impossible to diagnose the problem.

PS. the two wires coming from the jack shouldn't be twisted together!
Last edited by lostcreation333 at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by lostcreation333

PS. the two wires coming from the jack shouldn't be twisted together!

They shouldn't? 0.o
THALL
@Tempoe Yes, if i string it up, It'll work. I just can't plug it in.

@Invader Jim The wires coming from the input was a wire inside a wire, and my friend just pulled the inside wire out, got a spare piece of wire and ran it up. So idk
THALL
Quote by Invader Jim
the single "wire" was actually a coax cable that had a braided shield and an inner insulated wire. 2 seperate connections.

So if i got a new piece of coax wire, and soldered it all up it would work?

Edit: took some more pics.

THALL
Last edited by housty at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by Invader Jim
we dnt need more pics. we knw the problem.

you can use two seperate wires. doesnt have to be a coax.

Sorry :\ Well, how would i fix it, since you know whats wrong?

Thanks for helping btw : D

PS: The two wires wrapped around eachother are two wires we found and put on there, as is the black wire their attached to.
THALL
Last edited by housty at Jul 28, 2010,
np.

there are two lugs on that jack, as you can see.

one lug is hot, the other ground.

the inner circular part is the ground lug. the other is hot.

the hot goes to the center lug of the volume pot. the ground goes to the casing of the pot (the third lug from the right when looking at the back of the pot).
Quote by Invader Jim
np.

there are two lugs on that jack, as you can see.

one lug is hot, the other ground.

the inner circular part is the ground lug. the other is hot.

the hot goes to the center lug of the volume pot. the ground goes to the casing of the pot (the third lug from the right when looking at the back of the pot).

Uhh, i don't really know what any of that means XD Can you explain what to do in n00b talk please? XD
THALL