Hello! As you may notice, I'm looking for an overdrive/distortion pedal that will get me close to the edgy tone of Angus Young, and the crunchy hard rock of Slash.

Among the influences I take in my playing, there are bands like Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, AC/DC, Slash, Queen, STP, Alter Bridge, Satch, etc.

As far as my gear goes, I play a luthier made Les paul (Gibson hardware, JB/59' SD set of pickups, Grover Tuners)

Now, onto amps. In my house, I play through a VOX VT50, which I kinda dig, despite not being full tube. (although, there's a problem with it getting too bassy at times). Now, thing is, when I gig, I use the venue's amp, which often is a Marshall MG. At university (I study music in a local university) I also use an MG, so I'm looking for a pedal which can make me replicate my tone without much problems.

As for price, I'm not looking for something TOO pricey. Just shoot out your suggestions
You don't really need a pedal when you have crushing overdrive at your disposal

MI Audio Crunch Box, or maybe an Xotic BB Preamp... someone else would probably have a better idea than me though.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by Yhdeksas
Boss MT2

Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
blackstar ht dual or ht distx...with the second you can play everything...from blues to death metal...
Last edited by metalforlife94 at Jul 28, 2010,
Quote by metalforlife94
blackstar ht dual or ht distx...with the second you can play everything...from blues to death metal...

i found the distx to be the weakest of the blackstar pedal line, with the dual being the most versitile (duh). i thought the drive and dist were good, with the boost and distx being the weakest. not that they sounded bad, but the boost was too clean for my tastes (good for pushing and amp though) and the distx i thought was too much of a high gain one trick pony.

sounds like you want a classic marshal tone in pedal form. the m-audio crunch box is supposed to do that well. there are a few others i typically see recomended for that sound, zvex box of rock is one i think. english muff'n comes to mind as well. there are a few others that i cant recall right now, but im sure someone who does will come along.
Quote by Yhdeksas
Boss MT2

Good god.

OT:Zakk Wylde Overdrive is awesome.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.