Yes
110 69%
No
23 14%
RAWWWRR!
27 17%
Voters: 160.
Page 1 of 2
Since the internet has gotten so large nowadays with social and viral websites, and people seem to become famous for almost nothing, do you think it's possible for just about anyone to become famous, to a degree, just through advertisement and networking, even if this person had no special skill, like playing music or dancing? Discuss!

Poll coming
You get yourself exposed to being back-traced but yeah it's possible.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Alright, let me rephrase this, I don't mean advertisements on tv, just self-advertisement through internet, like as if someone went on UG and said, hey guys, I'm doing a social experiment and trying to see if i become famous, add my twitter/facebook/youtube channel
Yep, all you've got to be is prettier than anyone else, have more friends than anyone else, have more fans than anyone else and for everyone else to get AIDS and die.
If you put yourself out there enough, you're gonna get some fame.

Good or bad.
oh yeah its possible, its just getting there thats the hard part.
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by TheQuailman
Is a big ego and lack of shame a special skill?

DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
No

I bet there are thousands (millions?) of people trying to get famous, but no-one knows of them

If anyone could just become famous by putting themselves out there enough, then so many people would be "famous", it would make the whole concept null and void.
Andy Warhol said we are all destined for 15 minutes of fame. That was before the internet. If Andy Warhol said so it is gospel.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by MakinLattes
you may get moderately popular, but not necessarily famous.

A Norwegian blogger got really well known; she even ended up releasing a single...ugh... Recording companies hire anything that are moderately famous, regardless of talent.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Epic Beard Guy says yes.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by sfaune92
A Norwegian blogger got really well known; she even ended up releasing a single...ugh... Recording companies hire anything that are moderately famous, regardless of talent.

Look at Justin Beiber. It's popular but where's the talent?
He's a very talented speedcapped-segway rider.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by Phat Stud 55
Look at Justin Beiber. It's popular but where's the talent?

He hasnt hit puberty and he's 16, I'd say thats a talent
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Many people seem to say yes to this question, but as someone mentioned earlier ( can't remember who, and too lazy to scroll back), if it's definitely possible, why aren't more people famous through these methods? There must be millions of people desperate for fame so why aren't they? Not disagreeing with either side though, just playing devil's advocate
The point is that anybody can be famous, so long as they're willing to sacrifice their dignity and not expecting to be famous for very long.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Shane Dawson, Tila Tequila, Jessi Slaughter, Justin Bieber, Fred, Brokencyde.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
You still need to do something that's going to get people's attention. That's not quite as easy as it sounds.

So no, I don't think everyone has the potential to be famous. I do think that the internet has made things easier though, and that some people that are famous because of it probably wouldn't be otherwise.
Yes, they're tons of ways to easily achieve fame. And if worse comes to worse, you could always showcase your bitchiness on youtube. It worked for Jessi Slaughter.
Yes.
Anyone with motivation and a little bit of discipline can become famous. Not necessarily a household name, but well known enough that people would recognize your name.
Drink the sauce. Go on, it's okay. Just remember, I am the quest.

Quote by illuminatiano
YOU ARE A NO GOOD LAZY FORGETFUL STONER WITH NO FUTURE YOU ARE WORTHLESS TO SOCIETY
Of course you can. If I posted a video saying how great I was and that anon will never get me, and then posted it to /b/, I'd be on the news within the week.

EDIT: Or if I cry and tell you to leave my favourite singer alone.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Yeah, it's definitely possible. but whether it's long-lived, good kind of fame, or the short-lived hype is a different story. You 1.) Have to put yourself out there, and 2.) have talent to make it last.

That being said, if ChucklesMginty or StewieSwan released an album, I think I'd buy it.
Yeah, so many youtube "stars" that just seem so ... talentless? Useless? Meh, maybe I just don't get it.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Glozell. I don't even find her slightly amusing.

To know another is to know a universe of others...
Sometimes a soul must wander to truly know it is home.

Andrew McMahon
Quote by Hak0
Alright, let me rephrase this, I don't mean advertisements on tv, just self-advertisement through internet, like as if someone went on UG and said, hey guys, I'm doing a social experiment and trying to see if i become famous, add my twitter/facebook/youtube channel
Why don't you try it? Would be an interesting experiment.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Sure you can. That boogie2988 got moderately famous for his youtube characters. (especially Francis)
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
I think it would be difficult to become international movie star/rock star-famous, but not too much of a stretch to choose a niche and become famous in that area.
You would still have to have some sort of personality/'stage presence' to catch people's attention though.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Page 1 of 2