Does anyone know what fuzz John Baizley used for the leads on the Blue Album? Its pretty smooth and creamy for a fuzz, but its still got that harshness that is a trademark sound of fuzzes.
the Whetstone, the Fix’d Fuzz and the Musket Fuzz

http://blackouteffectors.com/site/?p=1315
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
That's the only thing I hate about blue album. Buzzsaw of angry bees. Live, not so bad.
/rig
i thought the fuzz sounded great on the blue album. there were a couple of times i thought my speakers blew during it lol but i think they were going for that effect. apon further research, i MUST attain at least one of these fuzz pedals at some point.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by mespinos
That's the only thing I hate about blue album. Buzzsaw of angry bees. Live, not so bad.

Really? Go listen to some Megadeth - that's a buzzsaw of angry bees. I swear that Dave turns his gain to 20 or something lol.

Mike - You are Mike, right goldfish? I need to start coming around more often - I can't remember who anyone is anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the vid. I can't watch it right now because I'm watching a movie with my family but I'll definitely check it out later on.

Linqua - I've actually had my eye on the Musket fuzz for a while now. I'm not a big fan of fuzzes but they do have their purpose from time to time. If I were to delve into the world of fuzzes I'd probably grab a Twosome just for the versatility.
yea ive been watching the videos and i cant decide which one id want cuz they both have advantages and disadvantages, id want to get a twosome as well. they make some really nice pedals.
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Really? Go listen to some Megadeth - that's a buzzsaw of angry bees. I swear that Dave turns his gain to 20 or something lol.
Megadeth is hardly the epitome of buzzy tone.

*tr00 kvlt mode on*

Try this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrBZZtGFgI
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
portal is sweet, but yes, they do sound like angry bees. its an ambient thing. like a different version of sunn o)))
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
You know why?
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Yeah there some pretty buzzy megadeth tones. But the blue album lead tone KILLS. I change the song when I hear it .

Live, it didn't bother me at all. Maybe its mixed too loud on the record, but its piercing.

It doesn't take away from my baroness love though.
/rig
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Mike - You are Mike, right goldfish? I need to start coming around more often - I can't remember who anyone is anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the vid. I can't watch it right now because I'm watching a movie with my family but I'll definitely check it out later on.

Linqua - I've actually had my eye on the Musket fuzz for a while now. I'm not a big fan of fuzzes but they do have their purpose from time to time. If I were to delve into the world of fuzzes I'd probably grab a Twosome just for the versatility.

His name is Dan. And it depends on what Megadeth album you're talking about. Dave has had some horrendous tones throughout the years but IMO Countdown has a great rhythm tone. I'm not a fan of Baroness though so I can't really help you with the fuzz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Kanthras
Megadeth is hardly the epitome of buzzy tone.

*tr00 kvlt mode on*

Try this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrBZZtGFgI

That's not that buzzsaw sounding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4rYP7i4iZ4

Just gonna leave this here.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by forsaknazrael
Will, can I has an example of the specific lead tone you likes?

Ummm the solo towards the end of A Horse Called Golgotha, the little bit of lead in Jake Leg right before the vocals come in. Haven't listened to the Blue Album enough to pin point any other specific spots but those are two that come to mind right of the bat.