I have an Ibanez with 2 pups and a 3 way switch, but am unable to figure out how to wire it up such that it has the bridge-mix-neck configuration. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Google and the wiring thread did not help me btw.

I believe the pins are

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
bridge mid neck hot hot - - -

Thanks
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
copy the switch wiring from a tele and use the conversion chart in the wiring thread to apply it to your switch.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

I'm trying to get this straight, when you say "mix" are you talking about both the bridge and neck p-ups together or are you talking half of each p-up on to get the single coil sound?
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
I looked at the "Telecaster - 2humbuckers" and it seems like that is what I would want, but if the conversion is right it makes no sense. It shows the input from the humbuckers going into the switch in the 'common'.

edit: I meant just mixing the two sounds, not splitting them.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Jul 28, 2010,
look at the switch wiring of this diagram. the pup type is irrelevant. all you want is the siwtch wiring.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=standard_tele
That switch wiring makes no sense if the conversion between the switch types is correct. It would show the input form the humbuckers going IN the the OUTPUT of the switch, unless im reading ti wrong.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M

wire it like that.

Switches have no input ot output. they have poles and throws. poles are cmmon, meaning they are the things that get switched around. throws are "where" in the circuit the poles are switched to.
Im really sceptical to be honest, but i suppose its worth a try. ill report back in a few hours after im done and ill see how it works
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
okay, well as long as your confident (no sarcasm).

Would it be easier to just go ahead and make the mid position a split coil setup? If so im probably just going to go ahead with that because it would take a lot of moving around in order ot make the first setup work.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
really? so is the first setup we were talking about the only realistic way of wiring this 3 way switch with 2 pups?
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
I have an Ibanez with 2 pups and a 3 way switch, but am unable to figure out how to wire it up such that it has the bridge-mix-neck configuration. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Google and the wiring thread did not help me btw.

I believe the pins are

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
bridge mid neck hot hot - - -

Thanks
What model? I can probably link you to an Ibanez wiring diagram.

But what Jim drew will work. Just be sure to get the right pickups wired to each of the commons (4 and 5).
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.